Wednesday, August 12, 2009

We've got Kicks!

This little lady is kicking up a storm lately! About a week ago, I started feeling these tiny muscle twitches. I didn't really think anything about it, until they kept happening. Finally, a light bulb went off in my head...the baby!I wanted Brandon to feel her ,so I decided we were going to plop ourselves on the couch while I enjoyed a few marshmallows. I realize feeding Miss Priss pure sugar to get her hyped up and kicking is not the best thing for a Mommy to do. However, desperate times call for desperate measures. Sure enough, about 5 marshmallows in(they were the tiny ones, and there may have been more then 5... but who's counting?), she was kicking like crazy. I believe Brandon's exact words were, "Wow, there really is a baby in there!". Well, I certainly hope so! I am also missing a lot of my favorite television shows because I would rather stare at my tummy. It's so cool to be able to feel her kicks from the inside and see it from the outside.

Dear Presley,
I woke up bright and early to your little kicks this morning, and it is probably one of the best ways in the world to be woken up! I would lay there all day if I could. However, when I'm about 38 weeks pregnant and no longer sleeping very well; maybe you could wait until a little later in the morning to begin kicking me. For now, kick away, Miss Priss.
Love,
your Mommy

1 comments:

Bethany said...

YAYYY!!! It is so fun when you start to feel them... just wait till she slithers all the way across your belly! Its so wierd :) but cool