Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A very HOT 4th of July

This 4th was interesting to say the least.


On the 3rd, some our friends invited us to a private party at D-BAT in Addison. It was so much fun and we got to see the big Kaboom town fireworks. 










After the party ended our luck started to take a turn for the worse. We got caught in some major firework traffic, and it took us over 2 hours to get home. The next morning (the actual 4th of July) I got up and went to workout. I came inside, and just couldn't cool down. After checking the thermostat, I realized our A/C was out. Thank goodness for family nearby. We crashed the in law's for what we thought would just be a day.
(No, I'm not naked. Harper is though.)







Turns out the part we needed would take a week to come in...

So, we packed up and made a trip to Houston,  leaving poor Brandon behind on his birthday.






I would like to tell you that the A/C was fixed right away...and that due to a major problem we didn't get a $1,012 electricity bill...but that's not case. In fact, we just had someone back out working on our A/C unit last week. I hope that we have finally gotten to the bottom of it, but I guess only time will tell.

Needless to say, it was a very HOT 4th of JULY!

3 comments:

Amanda Carter said...

We miss you, girl.

Anonymous said...

A/C is a total must!!!! Sorry to hear about the bad luck with it. Ours was not blowing cold air recently but it was a minor fix for us. Sorry yours was worse!!!! Hopefully it will get all fixed up for good!!!!! Super cute pics as usual. :) Trying to catch up on blogging and reading blogs.... slowly but surely!

B said...

Yikes! I always hear horror stories about A/C's breaking during the summer, and so anytime our house feels a bit hot (my hubby likes it hotter than I do), I start to panic :)

Love Presley's heart-shaped shades!