Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I can't believe this will be my last Mother's day as a Mommy to 1 kiddo! Crazy! I had a wonderful day with my two favorite people, and got lots of time to relax.

I slept in and woke up to gifts from Presley and Brandon. One of the things I got was new pajama pants. Brandon said he was really tired of seeing me walking around in my other ripped up pair, ha! P was a little confused by the flowers and gifts and kept telling me, "Happy Birthday". 

Then he cooked me a breakfast of french toast, bacon, and strawberries. I almost passed out when he said he was making french toast. Brandon does NOT cook, so I was a little scared about the outcome. He told me not to worry because he looked up how to make it online, and could totally handle it. I was still skeptical...


Shame on me for doubting my husband's cooking abilities. His french toast was seriously awesome!

My only request  for the day was a mini photo shoot with my "two" girls. I opted not to do maternity pictures, but would be sad not to have any belly pics with Presley.

I didn't want to torture Presley, so we didn't have any posed pics, and I only had Brandon take about 5. These were the two that came out, but hey, 2 out 5 ain't bad.

Then we did a little shopping (surprise, surprise), took P to the park, made Harper a Build-a-bear (it's actually a pig), had a nice dinner out, and ended the day at the yogurt shop. It was a fabulous Mother's day! The best part was just getting to spend the whole day with Brandon and Presley sans schedules or time constraints.

I would also like to say publicly how amazingly blessed I am to have my Mom and Mother in law. They are the best in the whole world!!! Happy Mother's day, Moms!

and of course, Happy Mother's day to all you awesome Momma's!

6 comments:

The Fants said...

What a sweet Mother's day! Breakfast looks delicious! ANd I LOVE your mini session with P. The pictures are definitely treasures :)
Happy Mother's Day!!

Drew said...

I love the 2 photos that you got. That's probably 2 more than we would have gotten with Asher. :-)

Happy Mother's Day!!

{I mean, happy birthday - ha ha - that's too great}

Emily said...

oh shoot, Drew was still signed in. That last comment was Emily. :-)

Rene' said...

Glad you had a great Mother's Day. You deserve it! Love those pics and years down the road, you'll be glad to have them.
Props to B for the breakfast too!!

Heather said...

What a fun Mother's Day! And you are still looking amazing! Hope youre still feeling great!

anika♥Lee said...

Sounds like you had a well-deserved, awesome Mother's day!!!! That pic of you and Miss P {and Miss H} is just heart-melting. :) Now I want french toast!!!!