Friday, April 9, 2010

I Get To...

One of my birth club Mama's recently wrote a blog that really touched me. Just to sum it up, she was inspired by an article in a magazine. It was about being thankful for all your to-do's, and changing your way of thinking from "I have to" to "I get to".

Anyway, I think this really hit home for me because I have had many nights recently with the "I have to's". Since Presley was about 2 weeks old, Brandon has been working until almost midnight every night. Some nights I am so completely exhausted and just want to get a tiny break from P. I know that's horrible to say, but being a Mama is tiring. However, I, like the lady in the article need to change my way thinking in those moments. I am so incredibly blessed to have a healthy baby girl who I love more than life itself. I get to stay home with her and be a part of everything she does. I also have a husband that comes home to me every night and loves his "girls" so much. Here are some other things I get to do:

*the dishes
*the laundry
*spend all day lovin' on P
*cook dinner
*make sure the bills are paid on time

I know it sounds silly, but I am so thankful that I am physically able to do all of these things!
Thanks for the post Renee! click here to see her blog.

2 comments:

Rene' said...

Yay! I'm glad my post has been so inspiring. Reading the article really made me think twice. I know how easy it is to get consumed and feel burdened with day-to-day tasks. Sometimes we just need to stop for a moment and remember why we're doing whatever it is we're doing. We're very lucky to have healthy babies!

B said...

I really loved that post also :)