Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Year Ago Today...

I was sitting on my bathroom floor staring at two tiny pink lines. Two tiny pink lines that would completely change my life. Two tiny pink lines that meant I was pregnant.

Can you even see the other pink line?? Anyway, I knew in my heart that I was pregnant, so I tested really early. However, I prepared myself for only one pink line. I couldn't even look at the test up close when I walked back into the bathroom. I had to peek around the corner to where it was sitting. Well, of course, all I saw was 1 line. I walked over to pick it up and my heart completely stopped. There it was...that glorious second pink line. In all my life, I have never felt such a wild range of emotions, one of those being disbelief. So you know what I did?? I carried that stick around with me the entire day, so I could stare at it whenever I felt I needed another peek. And...this may be gross to some, but I still have that test sitting in my bathroom drawer. Yep, I never thought a stick with pee on it would mean so much to me.

A year later, I'm still in disbelief that those two tiny pink lines resulted in this tiny miracle.

And because I have turned into a mushy mommy, I'll leave you with this quote. It just seems so true.

Before you were conceived I wanted you
Before you were born I loved you
Before you were here I would die for you
This is the miracle of life.

-Maureen Hawkins

2 comments:

aleelavine said...

It is such a wonderful thing... my line was super faint too and I was bursting with excitement inside!!! I am still in awe that the little sweet baby is mine!!!

Beautiful quote too!

Rene' said...

So beautiful! This is why I got the digital test that clearly says "pregnant" or "not pregnant"! I didn't want any uncertainties. I tested early too and was about 4 weeks along when I got the positive test. It's hard to believe that was one year ago! I'll be making a similar post on my one-year anniversary in a few days.