Sunday, August 29, 2010

8 Months!

Oh my precious baby girl,  how in the world are you 8 months old? It seems you have grown by leaps and bounds. Just look at all you are doing. Goodness gracious, what will this next month bring!?!

At 8 months you are:
  •  Still nursing
  •  Wearing size 2-3 diapers
  •  Sleeping from about 8:30pm to 7:30am. Woot Woot!
  • Napping 3X a day. You usually take two 1.5 hour naps and one  45 minute nap.
  • Crawling (on all fours with tummy off the ground).
  • Standing independently for a 5- 10 seconds at a time.
  • Pulling up (and lowering yourself cautiously instead of plopping to the ground).
  • Walking around the coffee table, couch, window sill etc.
  • Imitating (you like to click your tongue, blow raspberries, wave bye, pat etc. when we are doing it).
  • Waving "bye-bye" 
  • Have tried sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, green beans, peas, peaches, pears, apples, strawberries,bananas, mango, prunes, pineapple, oranges, yogurt, and oatmeal.
  • Starting finger foods (Puffs and yogurt melts are the best! They entertain you for a VERY long time).
  • Saying "mama" and "bye-bye".
  • Way more interested in objects around the house like wires, shelves, outlets, cat food etc. than your toys
  • Miss Personality, and have about ten million different facial expressions
  • Super happy unless, you are tired or hungry (and look out if she is...she will let you know).
  • Still belly laughing all the time, but have added a new sort of amused giggle. Cracks. Me . Up.
  •  Working on your pincer grasp, and doing pretty good at getting food into your mouth.
  • A little Ham out in public.This makes shopping great for Mommy since you love to interact with other people
  • Still fighting sleep, but not near as bad.
  • The sweetest gift we could have ever gotten.
 Here is a video of P enjoying her sweet potato puffs. Just in case your wondering,  yes, that is a bathtub behind Presley. She can't stand to be still, so it makes getting ready extremely difficult for me. I've found that a highchair + Puffs =  a much better makeup job.
 

and here is  P waving "bye bye".  Also, pardon the horrible lighting. It was taken with my phone.


Outakes. Getting a decent picture is becoming a MAJOR challenege.

We love you so much Sweet P, and continue to thank God every day for Blessing us with you.

    7 comments:

    Marissa said...

    what sweet pictures...love all of the outtakes trying to get what ya want! I am dreading Christmas pics this year because our MOBILE one year old will wanna be everywhere BUT taking a picture!!! Have a good day :)

    Emily said...

    Happy 8 months, Miss P! I can't believe everything she is doing already. I really want A to like Puffs, but so far he hates them. :o)

    I love that first photo of her!

    B said...

    Precious! Happy 8 Months, Sweet Presley! A's the same way with the constant moving...the only way I can get online now is when she naps!!

    aleelavine said...

    Happy 8 Miss P!!!!!! She is absolutely adorable, Ashlie.... I love the pics you take of her.. and isn't that the truth??? ALWAYS moving. So busy!!!

    Rene' said...

    Happy 8 months! Such a beauty!!! I'm now understanding what other moms would tell me when Jack was little- enjoy the time when they stay where you put them. So true, but I wouldn't go back for anything. I love this stage! And I agree- puffs are the best!

    The Fants said...

    Happy 8 months, Presley!! She gets cuter and cuter all the time! I love the videos; so cute! :) The outakes pretty much say it all about this stage. I have at 30 from trying to take Bryson's pictures!

    B said...

    BTW thank you for your comment on my CIO post - A gets hysterical also. I mean, yeah, it's important that she learn to self soothe, but I believe there are better ways to teach her than by letting her cry. I'm glad I'm not the only one!