Wednesday, July 13, 2011

18 Months!

A year and a half...

Ugh, sounds so big!

We just got back from her 18 month appointment and here are her stats:
Height: 31.5/ 50th%
length: 22.5/ 25th%
And PERFECT (according to me) ;)

She did great at her appointment even though she had to have 2 shots. She cried for just a little bit and then immediately stopped as soon as she got a sticker. Never underestimate the power of a sticker!

My big girl is acting so...BIG!

  • She still talks all the time and in 2-3 word phrases now.  She has also started saying "yeah" for yes! I like it so much better than, "no".
  • is very strong headed and as independent as ever. She wants to do everything herself (from getting dressed, to eating to putting on her diaper), and gets super frustrated when she can't. This is what usually leads to full on screams/tantrums.
  • She has recently gotten bad about hitting when she gets mad, so timeout is in full swing at our house. So far it's working well, as long as I am super consistant.
  • follows direction very well. Today, Brandon asked her to bring him his phone and then go put it back on the bed. She did exactly that.
  • She is very into throwing things in the trash, cleaning up her messes, and sweeping. 
  • Is taking one nap a day for about 1.5 hours and sleeping 12-13 hours a night.
  • very into playing mommy. She takes her "bebe" on "woks" in the "stroyer", changes its diaper, rocks it "nigh nigh", Bounces and shh's it. 
  • Loves my jewelry, especially necklaces (which she calls "neck").
  • likes to ask for hugs. I love this so much. She squeezes my neck so tight with her little arms.
  • will do front rolls without warning. Anywhere and anytime on any surface including concrete. I'm always on my toes with this one.
  • is such a drama queen. She has developed a very fake cry, and a very pathetic sad face. 
  • still an awesome eater and eats and snacks all day long...literally!
  • can climb in and out of her crib. Guess we will be transitioning to a big girl bed soon.
  • can still wear 12 months, but we are slowly growing into 18 months.
  • wears a size 5 shoe
  • has her one year molars and 4 teeth on bottom/and 4 on top. Teething is still the only thing she is doing slowly.
  • Just gave up the night time bottle. She has so much trouble winding down that I was dreading taking it away. Not because it would bother her, but because it made bedtime so much easier. We just went cold turkey and she hasn't asked for it since.
     So, I'm going to cut myself off here. I get frustrated writing these posts because I always forget something important, and what I have never seems like enough. I think there just aren't enough words to describe my baby.

    Dear sweet P,
    We have no clue what we would do with you! You bring so much joy and light into our lives. You may be tiny, but your personality is BIG! We are always laughing at your crazy antics. The harder we laugh the grander the show. You are so smart, and pick things up so fast. All we have to do is say something once and you remember. This is awesome unless we accidentally say a bad word. We love you soooo much, little lady! Please stay tiny just a little bit longer....





    5 comments:

    Emily said...

    When did her hair get so LONG? Those pigtails are awesome!!

    Happy 18 months, Miss P! I can't believe you are climbing in and out of the crib - oh my - if that was us we'd be in huge trouble! ha!

    B said...

    So, so precious!! And I agree - her hair is SO long! Ava could stand to borrow a bit ;)

    The Fants said...

    Happy 18 months, Presley! I love hearing how her little personality is coming out. She's such a precious little girl!! :)

    Brittani said...

    I LOVE this monkey! I cannot believe she is so big!

    aleelavine said...

    Happy 18 Months!!!!! Like I said on FB, your pics are always beautiful and priceless!!!!! It's amazing to see how far our little angels have come...!!!! :)