Monday, July 18, 2011

Shoe Obsession

Recently, Miss Priss has discovered what most woman wind up discovering at some point in their lives.

A love for shoes.

I would even be so daring to say that it goes beyond love. Obsession might be more like it. Can you blame a girl? The first thing she wants to do when she wakes up is go through her shoe basket, trying on pair after pair. A few days ago, I handed over her beloved basket of shoes, and walked out of the room. When I came back in, she had gotten her sandals on all by herself. They were strapped correctly, and on the right feet (coincedence, I'm sure). Since then, she loves to put her shoes on without my help. Here are the shoes she choose to wear yesterday:


 Her pink sandal is on the wrong foot if your wondering why it looks weird. Also, please note the fantastic leg art Presley is sporting.

I also managed to get a video of P trying very hard to get her shoe on. She kept trying to strap it the wrong way, but an excellent effort on her part. This  might be a little boring to most, but I love how hard she's concentrating. It also cracks me up how she bangs the bottom of her shoe. I always do that to her when I have trouble getting her shoe on. Monkey see, monkey do...

 Since we're on the subject of shoes, I thought I would share my latest obsessions.

 Reebok Realflex
I almost didn't get these because I'm more of a Nike person, and I couldn't decide if they were cool looking or ugly. This was the best shoe buying decision I have ever made. They weigh nothing and are the most comfortable shoes ever. My husband even got a pair...not in pink, of course.


My newest TOM's

Shocker, I know! I can't help it. I love them, and these are even more comfy than the glittery ones. Plus, I love the thicker rope soles.


 Last, but not least, my Steve Madden wedges.
  I own them in tan (and maybe in black, too).Shhh! Don't tell my husband. These are great because they give me the height of a heel, but are still very casual. I normally don't like any shoe that wraps around my ankles because I have cankles. Yes, cankles. Don't judge. Anywhoo, these were cute enough to ignore that little issue.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I love it when they focus on doing something. You can practically hear the little wheels turning in there. ha!

Love those sneakers - definitely not ugly. Comfortable is a must!

aleelavine said...

That video is adorable. Talk about concentration!!!! :)

Those sneakers are super cute!!!! I just ordered a new pair of workout shoes and am anxious to see if they are a love or a hate. It's tough to order online.

I need to check out Toms... seems they're quite popular and look uber comfy!!!!

And those sandals are sooooooooo cute!!!! If I could walk in that height of a heel, I would definitely get these. :) You don't have cankles, shush it now!!! :) Happy Monday!

Heather said...

We most definitely have the same love of shoes! I have the running shoes in black and the wedges in black too! I bought my wedges for our Turks vacay! Crazy how comfortable they are... even chasing a 1 year old! :)

B said...

I'm with Anika - cankles? Puh-lease! Love those shoes, too!

Ava is the same way with shoes. Many a meltdown has begun recently with her screaming "shooooooes" because I didn't let her put on a certain pair or wear her shoes in the bathtub. Ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable! What perseverance! Smart, smart granddaughter!

Rene' said...

How cute!! I love the mismatched shoes! Jack put on one of my purple flip flops just this morning and when I took it from him to put on his sandals, he was not too happy. I have no idea where it came from, but it was adorable!

I'm also going to need to check out these Toms. They are very cute and look really comfy!