Friday, November 9, 2012

Harper: 5 months!



I can't believe I'm already writing this post! Seriously. I didn't even realize today was her 5 month birthday until later. Why must babies grow so fast the first year??? 

At 5 Months, Harper is:
  • Sitting up
  • Thoroughly enjoying rice cereal
  • Loves to blow raspberries/bubbles, which makes for a slobbery mess. When she gets mad, she blows some really good ones. 
  • In her crib. I'm still not sure how I feel about this. I kind of liked her sleeping in my room.
  • Has 2 her bottom teeth. Both decided to come in at the same time, poor baby.
  • My great sleeper is now not so great. She goes down around 9:30 and is back up around 2:30 or 3. Then is up at 6, and usually for good around 8:30 am. 
  • Is still my super smiley/ happy go lucky little babe
  • has gotten some new peach fuzz. I'm still not sure what color her hair will be??? Some is coming in almost white, but then has some dark mixed in.
  • Grabs at everything. Nothing is safe within arms reach. 
  • Gets distracted so easily now, especially when her big sis is around. Sometimes I have to feed Harper in a separate room from P just to get through a feeding in a timely manner.
  • Is still in size 2 diapers
  • Is wearing 6 months, 6-9 months, and 6-12. 
  • really belly laughs when tickled or when Presley is around. No one can get her to laugh like my sweet P.
  • Showing signs she wants to be mobile. Put her on the ground, and she will get her legs going! 
  • Looks at me and grabs my face with both hands. This is probably my most favorite thing ever!!!
Harper Grace, you are my squishy little ball of joy! I can't believe you will be half a year old next month!!! We love you sooooo much, sweet girl.

(This post has been written for a couple weeks. I just got behind on the picture. At least I got it taken before she turned 6 months.)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

She is so stinkin' cute! Love her baby blues! Look at those adorable roles!

Emily said...

love, love her eyes - so pretty! Happy 5 months Harper girl!

Richeson's Hiatus said...

can I get some squishy thighs...homegirl is ADORABLE!

Love the face check...that's the best.