Tuesday, January 5, 2010

1 week old


Dear Presley,

Today you are exactly one week old, and we couldn't imagine life without you. I thought my heart might burst the first time I got to hold you, and I love you more everyday. We have learned so much about you in this short time we have had together.
You love to eat and are a great nurser. However, you like to eat every two hours even through the night. This makes for a very tired Mommy.
We also learned very quick that you hate getting undressed and having your diaper changed. You scream at the top of your lungs and sound eerily similar to a billy goat. In fact, your crying is so sad sounding it leaves Mommy and daddy pretty miserable after each diaper change. Bath time is also not your favorite, but you love having your hair washed. Other than that, you are pretty chill most of the day.
The lamb seat from your Aunt Melissa is one of your favorite spots to be. In fact, your sitting in it right now and letting me type like a good little girl. We practice tummy time everyday and you are so strong. You hold your head up way better then I expected and have had some close calls with being head butted. The hiccups have become a daily occurrence, and we have decided you sound like a squeak toy. You get them so hard and loud that I feel sorry for you, but they don't seem to bother you at all.
Daddy and I love it when you are wide awake! We stare at you the whole time. I'm not gonna lie, You make some pretty crazy faces. However, we love each and everyone. Speaking of Daddy, he is completely Gaga over you. I like to call him the baby hog. Once he gets a hold of you, he does not like to share.
Well Miss Priss, I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us. You have blessed our lives immeasurably and we continue to thank God everyday for you.

Love,

Your Mommy and Daddy

0 comments: