Friday, January 29, 2010

One Month



Dear Presley Elizabeth,

In your short one month, you sure have changed our lives. I mean, who would have ever thought I would think someone's toots could be adorable, or that I would be over the moon for enough poopy diapers. Words like Butt, fart, and pee now sound horribly vulgar to my "mommy ears". This, I might add, is coming from someone who used to get in trouble for having a potty mouth. We have become quite a musical family. Daddy and I sing to you all the time. Sometimes frantically to stop you from crying. I also realized I could use a refresher course in lullabies, nursery rhymes and baby songs in general. I tend to half sing/ half hum because I have forgotten some of the words.

In one month, you have developed so much. Now that we can fully submerge you, you love bath time. You used to cry when you got in, and now you cry when we take you out. Crying during diaper changes has become a thing of the past. Thank goodness! You have also become quite vocal, especially when your sleeping. I mean, you are seriously loud! When I talk to you, you coo back but for the most part, your grunting. You have also begun to track things with your eyes. Everyday, I have some sort of toy shoved in your face so you get lots of practice. Tummy time is another part of our daily routine, and I must say, you rock! You hold your head up like a champ. Of course, with such a tiny head, you do have a slight advantage. You are also sleeping better. You now give mommy 3.5 to 4 hour stretches at night. Two nights ago you slept for 5 hours!!! However, instead of waking up refreshed, I was completely panicked that something was wrong.

In one month, you have grown so much. According to my scale, you are now 9.5lbs. It's starting to show a little bit, too. You have the cutest chub wrinkles on your thighs, and your belly has gotten big and round. Your newborn clothes are getting too small, but I refuse to put them away just yet.Even your hair seems to be getting longer. Speaking of your hair, we have dubbed it the Kate Gosselin hairdo. I either don't know what I'm doing. or you have a really bad cowlick in the back of your head.

In one month, YOU have made us better. YOU have taught us the meaning of being completely selfless. YOU have expanded our hearts more than we ever thought possible. YOU have taught us patience and teamwork. YOU are our everything, Miss Priss. We can't wait to see what YOU will do next month.

Love,
your Mommy and Daddy

0 comments: