Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Independence Day!


Presley's first 4th was a success! My sister, brother in law and nephew drove up from Houston to spend the holiday with us. We had planned on going to "Que fest" all day on the 4th, but when we got there it was closed because of possible thunderstorms. Ummm...the day was beautiful and there wasn't a cloud insight...I'm just sayin. Anyhoo, we all kind of looked at each other wondering what we were going to do with the rest of our day. My brother in law, Justin, came up with a genious idea. Slip-N-Slide. I just so happen to have the perfect backyard for it. In fact, I'm pretty sure that it was designed just for a slip-n-slide. So us Momma's sent the Daddy's to the store, and instead of coming home with a traditional slipe-n-slide...they surprised us with a big blue tarp and baby shampoo?? I guess they had something bigger, better and a tad more ghetto in mind.









We spent the rest of the day slipping and sliding, literally. Then ended it with some takeout pizza, smores, fireworks and dancing...with sparklers.







Happy 4th of July!
(and yes, P did have 3 fourth of July outfits. If you think that's bad, wait until Christmas.)

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Seriously. She's beautiful! I think y'all might be in trouble :)

Rene' said...

Glad you had a great 4th. Little P is absolutely precious. I love all of her holiday attire!

The Fants said...

How fun is that!?? Looks like y'all had a blast!
Love all her little outfits :)

Emily said...

I love that first photo! So cute!!