Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Thermometer Goes Where?

Oh my gracious, do I have a sick little girl! This is the first time in her almost 7 months that she has really been sick. Let me tell you, it's no fun. No fun for Mama and especially no fun for baby! Presley has been truly pitiful, right down to the sad little whimpering noises that she makes. Want to know what makes being sick even more pitiful? Having to stick a thermometer in a place where no thermometer should have to go. Brandon is truly grossed out. In fact, he can't even watch. In an attempt to make temperature taking more enjoyable for everyone, I bought a 1 second ear thermometer. To my dismay, I can not for the life of me get it to take a correct temperature. I'm sure it is something I'm doing, but until i figure it out...you know what's going you know where.

If anyone would like to make a thermometer recommendation, that doesn't require going where the sun doesn't shine, I would be much obliged.

5 comments:

Rene' said...

Oh no! Poor Presley! Unfortunately, I don't have a recommendation for you. I've gotten used to taking Jack's temp rectally. Luckily he hasn't had a fever yet, but I get paranoid and like to be sure so I check sometimes.

I hope she feels better soon and you can get back to normal. Give her lots of hugs and kisses!

B said...

Aww, Poor P! That makes me sad.

This post, however, made me laugh - David has the same reaction!!!

Ashlie said...

Well, I technically don't mind doing it. However, P moves sooo much that it makes it kind of scary. I don't want to do any damage to any certain areas...

Thanks for the sweet get well wishes for P! She seems to be perking up a little bit.

Emily said...

Oh no, sick babies are no fun. Feel better P!

aleelavine said...

Poor P. I hope she gets better fast....and hang in there Momma!!!! The thermometer you have to take it in the you-know-what, is it shaped so that if she were to wiggle too much, it couldn't go in too far?? We have one that is round and then has the little pointy part to insert "there". A safety measure so that you don't accidentally insert it too far. I have also heard that the rectal temp is the one they want (dr's) although I would love to have an accurate option otherwise. :) Let me know if you find one!