Tuesday, October 5, 2010

9 month stats

Presley had her 9 month check up last Thursday (I'm behind...I know, I know). She now weighs 17.9lbs (25th %) and is 27.5 inches long (50th%). They told me what her head was, but I forgot. Woops!

I thought we were going to get away with a shot free appointment, but she ended up getting a finger prick and a flu shot. She hated both. First, Presley is not a bleeder. When she was a newborn, they had to prick her heel twice and then squeeze the blood out for what seemed like ages. The same thing pretty much happened this time. Her little face was so sad. To this day, I have never seen her little lip curl as far down as it did then. The flu shot was much faster, but poor P suffered the consequences later...

After her appointment, she went straight down for a nap and woke up 2 hours later with 102 fever. She was so pitiful all day. They said some children can have reactions to the flu shot, but it was rare. Great! The fever was gone by the next morning, but you could tell she still wasn't feeling herself. This made me extra sad because my parents had come in town for TX/OU weekend, and I wanted them to get to spend time with my normally happy go lucky child. Oh, well...

Maybe it was a sign of things to come. Any Texas fans out there? Devastating game, but the weekend was a blast. I will blog on that later when I get a few more seconds. I'm still recovering behind from this weekend.

2 comments:

aleelavine said...

Poor P! I'm sorry to hear about the reaction to the shot!!!! And the poor dears have to get another round.... I hate shots!!!!

Glad to hear you had a fun weekend!!! We mommies need that every now and then...but believe me, I could not do that again for a LONG time! :)

Mommy Tay said...

Aw! No fun. Sorry to hear she had a reaction. E just got his today...so we'll see how it goes. Our ped. poked his toe. I was surprised he tolerated it so well. I think because she did his toe and talked to him the whole time, he was distracted? I asked why they did the toe...and she said it just seems to bother them less. Maybe next time...(I don't know when they will next check that) you can ask they to do her toe!

Glad to hear you had a fun weekend. I have yet to be out of the house without E! (other than grocery shopping) AHHH! I sooo need some time out!