Thursday, October 7, 2010

TX/OU 2010

If you follow Texas football, you know this season hasn't been the best for the horns. I was feeling a little less then optimistic as I got ready for the game. However, we made it to the State Fair by 10:30 and didn't get into any traffic (this is a miracle people), and we were able to grab McDonald's breakfast before entering the fairgrounds. Ha! Maybe things were starting to look up. Then the sign of all signs that we would win this game.

Behold:

A butterfly.

A teeny tiny butterfly landed right on the word "Texas" just as we were making our way through the main gates. We would win this game!!!! This was our sign.

Fast forward several hours.

We lost, and after many beers, Brandon says to me, " Ashlie, that butterfly didn't do sh*t for us".

Well put husband.

Looking on the bright side, the weekend was a blast. We stayed at the Hilton Anatole for 2 nights and were treated to a steak dinner at Al Biernat's, all compliments of my Dad. Actually, all our meals and drinks were  compliments of my parents the entire weekend. Y'all are the BEST!!!!

We had so much fun, in fact, that somehow we ended up in Collinsville highschool football gear at the end of the night.

This is my father. How can you not love this man?

Here he is again with different Collinsville gear on, mind you.



We weren't going to let that loss hold us down.



Now for some more civilized pictures from the weekend:

With our friends Sam and Suzanne

Mom and I

Showing off our "Texas" shoes

My cousins and Dad

Brandon and I

Oh, and OU still sucks!

4 comments:

Mommy Tay said...

Great pictures! Sounds like you guys had a blast!

B said...

Sad, sad, sad day :(

Looks like you guys found a way to have fun anyhow, though! Love the pic of your dad - hahaha!

You look great, mama! LOVE your dress and boots - where did you find the dress? I think I have the one your mom is wearing LOL

aleelavine said...

That looks like so much fun!!!! Your Dad looks like such fun too!! Great pics! Love your boots!!!!

Emily said...

The minute I move below the mason-dixon line I am buying some cowboy boots. I LOVE them!

That's a bummer that Presley's treat bag was so small. I wonder why that is... The one I got for Asher isn't huge, but it's plenty big enough for candy collecting. If he fills it we'll be in big trouble!