Friday, October 22, 2010

FoR the LOve of a MarGariTa...

Since I was extremely Preggo on my birthday last year, I promised myself I would have a margarita or 2 on my  29th birthday. This, my sweet friends, was not in the cards apparently.

My best friend (love you, Michelle) and her hubby came all the way to the big D to help me celebrate. They arrived super late on Friday night, so we made plans for a margarita birthday celebration on Saturday. I woke up with Presley bright and early, already having visions of a salt rimmed glass. Once everyone else was up and ready, we headed out to the State Fair of Texas. It was super crowded, but we got to Take Presley to see one of the best petting zoo's I have ever been too. I'm talkin' zebra's, a camel, a giraffe etc. Then, as we were heading out, I was stopped in my tracks. Did I really just see a sign for a Fried Maragarita?? OH.YES. I .DID. Now, I will tell you, I really had no idea what a fried margarita consisted of, but I was gettin' one!


There she is, in all her glory!!!

Let me tell you, peeps. This was the WORST thing I have ever eaten.

I wasn't the only one who thought so. Check out Casey's face in this fried margarita tasting play by play.

Tasting
Pondering
Pretty sure he isn't liking it
Trying really hard to keep it down


Yeah, it was that bad.

We decided it would probably be a good time to head home and get ready to go to Gloria's so we could have a real margarita. I picked Presley up, and noticed she felt warm. Brandon convinced me she was just hot from being outside, but I took one look at her face and knew my sweet little girl was not feeling well. I mean, just look at this pitiful baby.


So home we went, and home we stayed. Presley was sound asleep before 7. I guess my glorious Gloria's margarita wasn't in the cards for this year either.

8 comments:

Mommy Tay said...

So what exactly was in that fried margarita? Poor baby...she really didnt look like she felt well. I hope she is feeling better... and I hope you had a fabulous Birthday!!! Maybe you can have your margarita this weekend! I soooo want one...but Ethan thinks he still needs to nurse once at night. So enjoy an extra one for me! Lol.

Emily said...

What did they do to fry a margarita? Bummer that is was so bad! I didn't thinking frying could go wrong. :o)

Poor Presley - Asher has had a cold this whole past week and has been making that 'sad' look at me too. Heartbreaking! Feel better!

And get your margarita soon!!

Ashlie said...

It was funnel cake with real margarita poured over the top. The funnel cake got so soggy. Bleck!!!I get gaggy just talking about it.

Brittani said...

eck! makes me gag a the thought...it looks amazing though!

Rene' said...

Ugh I am so sorry you didn't get to enjoy your margarita! What a bummer! And poor Presley. She looks so sad! I hope she is feeling better! And I hope you at least enjoyed the rest of your birthday. And enjoy this year- the last of your 20's!

B said...

Ick! After reading your description, I feel like the name of it is misrepresentation - I actually heard about these and thought of going to try one! Glad I didn't!

Sorry you didn't get your 'rita :( If you ever find yourself in Austin, I'll gladly meet you for one!!!

Michelle said...

I love the pictures of Casey's face. It is priceless!!!! We will just have to celebrate your birthday every month until you get that margarita or two that you deserve. Love you!!

The Fants said...

stop what you're doing and go get a margarita!! Those are very important! :)

We didn't try to fried margarita, but Michael did get the fried beer and I spit it straight out on the concrete! Classy, I know, but it was worse than anything I've ever had. I can only imagin the margarita was the same. Yuck!!

Hope your sweet girl is feeling better :)