Thursday, January 3, 2013

Birthday Celebration at Mimi and Daddy Bob's

Presley got to have a birthday celebration a day early while we were in Houston. While all the guys went to Top Golf, the girls went to have tea at the American Girl Doll Store.  My sister got Presley one for Christmas, so we thought it would be a fun thing to do. 

When you get to the restaurant, they put your doll in a little high chair at the table. They brought out a tea pot filled with pink lemonade and a tiny tea cup for the doll. Presley had the best time just pouring her "tea".  Just a tip, don't go hungry. The food was, um, less than desirable...





  
Check the princess Merida (from Brave) attire. You'll see it ALOT. Mom wanted to take her to the disney store and let her pick out a princess dress for her birthday. She walked in, and immediately wanted that dress (coincidentally, I bought her the movie the night before to open on her actual birthday). Presley nor I had ever seen Brave, and I wasn't that impressed with the dress. We tried multiple times to convince her to get snow white, sleeping beauty, or the little mermaid, but the girl knows what she wants. Who can argue with that??? And I have to admit, once she got it on, she looked darn cute.

We ended her birthday celebration with Lupe Tortillas (my fav), cake, and more presents. We started to sing the birthday song to her when we were immediately yelled at by the princess herself. Apparently, she wanted to sing it. I guess we'll know for next time.




She was a pretty tired princess after her big day.

1 comments:

B said...

I didn't know they did that at the American Girl store - how adorable!

Love me some cookie cake - Ava had it at her past two parties (that explains my current weight...), and talks about it all year long. She's already started in on, "When I turn 4, I'm going to have a cookie cake!" Ha!