Thursday, January 24, 2013

He's a Keeper

While my blog is mainly reserved for the girls and family events, I feel like Brandon deserves a little shout out here and there. He's a keeper. I knew that when I met him. After almost 8 years of marriage and two children later, I feel that more than ever. 


I think every parent has a moment with a child when they are doing something, and you just feel so much love for them in that moment. Do you know what I'm talking about, Mom's? I have those moments with Brandon, but never write about them. I'm not a fan of getting all mushy. It makes me feel weird, so I'll keep it light.

Yesterday morning, Presley put her Cinderella necklace on Brandon before he left for work. She was very adamant that he wear it all day. With equal enthusiasm, Brandon agreed and proudly walked out the door and into his car with that necklace shinning around his neck. 

I had completely forgotten about Presley's request until Brandon walked back through the door 8 hours later with Presley's necklace still around his neck. She was so thrilled that Daddy had worn it all day! That little gesture had meant so much to her. It just made my heart melt for him that he remembered to put it back on before he got home.

He does little things like that all the time.

His girls are so lucky.

4 comments:

The Fants said...

Aww, that's precious!!
(too bad he didnt wear it into work; I'm sure his coworkers would have gotten a huge kick out of that! ;) )

anika♥Lee said...

LOVE!!!!! Awesome work, Brandon. SO sweet :) You guys are lucky... but he is also very lucky to be surrounded by such beauty, love and straight up awesomeness :) I wanna see this necklace!

Karen said...

I love that!...what a great and thoughtful Daddy he is!

B said...

Aww, that is so precious!

I always feel weird talking about my husband much in sappy moments on my blog, since I feel like I would embarrass him, but I've never loved him more than I do in moments when I watch him have a tea party with our daughter or wear her tutu for dress up!