Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Grapevine Trip (year 2)

I'm really super duper behind on posts (still haven't done any of Christmas), so this going to be a short and sweet picture post.
Last year, Mom took us all on a little Christmas trip to Grapevine. Unfortunately,  my sister wasn't able to go because of work, so Mom took us all again this year. This time we stayed at two hotels. The first one we stayed at was the Gaylord Texan. As you can see, Harper was really happy about being there.


The first thing we did was go make Gingerbread houses, and also got to meet Gingy!


Then, of course, we had to see Santa.

We ended the first night with dinner in the hotel room. Speaking of hotel rooms, we were all in one. Bad idea. I'm a super light sleeper, and had a mini meltdown from lack of sleep. The good news is I survived the night and went to ICE (Merry Madagascar) the next morning.
Presley pretty much did the same thing as last year. She walked through expressionless, and not talking. Homegirl is just not cut out for the cold. Harper loved it though.




Presley returned to her normal self for snow tubing. She loved this, and made us all go up with her multiple times. After the fifth time of carrying the double tube up the stairs, I was pretty much over it.


Then we attempted some cute pics which led to an epic melt down by Presley. Oh, what fun!





After lunch, We checked into the Great Wolf Lodge, where we had much better sleeping arrangements.   

This is the only picture I got at the water park. Harper slept in my arms the whole time, but woke up just in time to stick her toes in.

Then we got in our P.J's to watch it snow in the lobby. We were going to stay for story time, but opted for tattoo's instead.






The next morning we just relaxed at the hotel, and let the kids do their thing. Then went to ride the North Pole Express. This was Presley's second time this season, but she was still pretty excited.




After the ride, we loaded up and headed back home. Thank you, Mom, for another special trip!

2 comments:

B said...

Looks like an amazing way to ring in the holiday season! I'm jealous!!

Emily said...

oh my gosh I HATE sharing hotel rooms with kids. I'm a super light sleeper too and never get any rest. Some vacation - ha! It probably doesn't help that Asher usually insists on sharing my bed...

Harper's tongue cracks me up! She's such a happy little thing. :-)