Monday, January 21, 2013

Harper: 7 Months

This month has been a big month for little Miss H! Which is part of the reason I'm so late on it. I can't keep my eyes off her for one single second. Our life with two mobile children has just gone to a whole new level of crazy!

Here is what Harper has been up to this month:

  • Learned to pull yourself into a sitting position 
  • learned to crawl, and it's the cutest thing! You can crawl normal for a little bit, but then you hop both legs underneath you (very reminiscent of a frog).
  • You also learned to pull yourself into a standing position. Your crib has been lowered, my friend.
  • Now, here's the kicker... You learned to do all of the above in one day. New years day, actually. I guess you were on top of your resolutions.
  • You are getting more hair, and I think it's safe to say that it will be dark. I was blonde and my sister was brunette, so I would love for P & H to be just like us!
  • You have 3 teeth on top now. Two of which came in this month. That makes for a grand total of five teeth.
  • You are eating so many foods, and love ALL fruits and veggies. So far Harper has had: Green beans, Carrots, squash, spinach, peas, lentils, mango, blueberries, strawberries, pears, peaches, bananas, tomatoes, cherries, apples, chicken (not a fan), corn, and a pickle.
  • has started puffs and yogurt melts. You can self feed okay, but you either have a horrible gag reflex or just cant do solids very well yet.
  • This has been a hard month of sleep between the teething and learning all your new skills, but I think we are getting back on track. You still go to bed at 7:30pm, and when you have a good night you will sleep until 7:30-8:30am. We also have one long nap (almost 2 hours) in the morning, and another one late afternoon.
  • Speaking of sleep, when your ready to go your ready. No fight, no fuss. I love putting you to bed.
  • You are in size 3 diapers, and between 9 & 12 month clothes.
  • Learned to clap
  • says Dada and baba a lot. She also says Mama but very very rarely.
  • Has learned object permanence. Now when you throw or drop things on the floor you look all around for them.
  • is still my super easy, laid back, happy happy baby.
My sweet little Harper Grace you are growing WAY too fast! In fact, in 5 days you'll be 8 months (like I said, I'm really late on this post)! You have been such a ray of sunshine. Those huge toothy grins can brighten even the darkest days. We love you so much!!!!

3 comments:

Joeylee said...

Oh my she is beautiful. She has the prettiest eyes.

Karen said...

Yes....her eyes are gorgeous!

B said...

I agree - great eyes are definitely one of your girls' many fortes!!! I can't believe she's already headed towards eight months!!!