Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Harper: 1 Month


This has been such a crazy month. I haven't even had a chance to blog about everything that has gone on (and probably never will), but it has been one thing after another around here. Thank goodness my mother has been her to help out. I really don't know how I would have survived without her!?! 

On a positive note, I love my little Harper Grace so much. It's only been a month, but I don't know what I would do without her??? She has brought so much love and joy to our family.

Here is what Harper has been up to during month 1:
  • Can track objects/people with her eyes
  • Loves bath time. She gets completely relaxed, and barely moves the entire time.
  • Doesn't mind getting her diaper changed, and always calms down on her changing table.
  • Smiles! Not the gassy, sleepy baby smiles, but real smiles in response to me. I know it seems soon, but she's doing it.
  • Nurses every 2-2 1/2 hours during the day
  • Goes to bed around 10:30 and sleeps until 4:30am (hooray 6 hours!). Then goes back to sleep and wakes up again for feedings at 7:30 and 9:30.
  • Spits up a lot (anywhere from 1 to 5 times after a feeding). I have had it in my butt crack and cleavage simultaneously.
  • Was a super chill baby, but now gets really fussy when she isn't held. When she is content, she is super calm and loves to just look all around.
  • Gets the hiccups at least twice a day, and she really hates them.
  • Is my little snuggle bunny. After her 7:30am feeding, I keep her in bed with me, and we curl up together for a few hours. I love it so much.
  • Homegirl has some serious bed head!
  • Loves to be held up over my shoulder ( I suspect this may be due to some acid reflux issues) or facing out.
  • Is a very noisy sleeper! She does a lot of unladylike grunting.
We are completely smitten with you, sweet girl! Can't wait to see what month 2 will hold.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Super cute! She is adorable! Love the pink pig too!

anika♥Lee said...

awwwwww I can't believe what little babes can achieve in just one month!!!! Look forward to hearing more about her milestones. :) Aren't Mothers wonderful?

Richeson's Hiatus said...

Seriously she's adorable!! Such a beautiful little girl.

I can't wait to hear more about her and your everyday SAGA.

Such a beautiful family!

Rene' said...

I love the colors and that fabric that she's laying on. Beautiful! As is baby Harper. Happy 1 month!

Emily said...

Aww, can't believe she's 1 month already. What a little sweetie. Happy 1 month birthday, Harper!!