Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Let's Do 52- Week 1

A new year has dawned, and I'm sure everyone is making resolutions or setting goals for themselves. I'm not so much a resolution gal, but I do like to make a list of goals or improvements to work on throughout the year. This year, I want to improve my photography. Challenge myself. Push past my comfort zone.

I also want to "love" it again. This fall I was so busy taking family portraits and trying to get everyone's done on time that it became more of a chore than a passion. I also came home from every session upset that all the pictures I had taken were horrible. Maybe I should add "improve my self confidence" to the goal list of 2012?  What I really love is taking pictures just because with no worry about what other people will think.

So, I plan on working towards this goal by joining Paint the Moon's- Let's Do 52 project. Annie gives you two themes each week and you get to choose which one you want to do. Then you can share your picture (or not) on the Flickr group.

The themes for this week were "Sharing" and "All Natural". I chose "all Natural" or if I'm being honest,  it chose me. I have been thinking all week about what I was going to shoot and how I could set up an awesome picture to fit the theme(s) perfectly. Then this morning, I was rushing around getting ready and glanced over at Presley wrapped up on the couch, staring out the window at something with a mouth covered in cinnamon and sugar.

And there it was! My picture for week 1. Here is my little Sweet P "All Natural":


If anyone wants more information or would like to join, just click the button on the right hand side of my blog. Remember, you do NOT need to be a photographer. It's for anyone who wants to improve/grow/challenge themselves. I hope to see some of you lovely Mama's join in. We do have some pretty rockin' subjects after all.

2 comments:

aleelavine said...

That is a fun little project ... I'm afraid if I tried to join this... I would fail at it. :-P
That sounds like a challenge, though? That pic is beautiful, her eyes really pop - as usual. Your photography is beautiful too...so I agree with your boosting your confidence there!!!! PS i love her bangs :)

Rene' said...

I've been looking into doing a photo challenge for 2012 as well. I really want to start taking more pictures of different subjects. I also need to get myself out of automatic mode. That's a big priority! I just don't feel like I have enough time to read the manual and really figure it out. I guess I need to make the time. :) And I agree with A- your pictures are always amazing and this one is no exception. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself! I would love to be able to take pictures this beautiful!