Saturday, January 7, 2012

She has a name...

Harper Grace

Our baby girl has been officially named. Well, we have had the name for a while, but I forgot to blog it. Oops! If any of you have been reading since 2009 then you know that naming Presley was like WW3 in our house.
I decided I needed to name my next girl Harper after I heard someone talking about the magazine "Harper's bazaar" on television. Sadley, I think it was the reality show, "The City", on MTV. Yes, I am a reality T.V. Junkie. I wasn't even thinking about getting pregnant at the time, but I just couldn't get the name, Harper, out of my head. 
About a week after I got pregnant, I turned to Brandon and said " This baby's name is going to be Harper Grace if it's a girl. Period." Then I sat in quiet anticipation for all of two seconds before he responded with, "Yeah, I like it".
I almost fell off the couch! I had been mentally preparing myself for another naming war between the two of us. What a relief!
I love that Presley and Harper are both sir names and unisex (even though you very rarely run across a boy named Presley or Harper). They are similar in style and I love the way they sound together.
Charli Grace was the other name in the running and I have to admit, I still really love this name. However, I love Harper more. Brandon wasn't too keen on Charli at first. In fact, his initial reaction was something like, "eww, gross", but after a day or two, it started to grow on him. However,  it didn't grow on him enough. I solved my little name dilemma and have now convinced Presley to name her new baby doll, Charli. I'm happy enough with that.
I'm so excited to meet our sweet Harper Grace!!!




8 comments:

Emily said...

Yay - blogger is working again! Love the name and your new blog design. :-)

Heather said...

Love the name!

aleelavine said...

Congratulations on having a name and how fun to share it with us all. :)
Harper Grace is adorable and it sounds perfect with Presley. I also like Harper... I also like Charli... if we have a girl, Charlotte/Charli is in the running, as far as Momma's concerned...and who else matters anyway??? ;)

The Fants said...

AWWW, such a cute name!! Love it :)

And the cute new blog!

AND, just putting it out there, but I think baby bump pictures should happen! ha! Not that you're busy or anything ;)

Mommy Tay said...

Oh I love her name!!! So cute. Names were a huge fight here too, with all 3! Lol. We figured it would be easier with a girl after 2 boys but nope. I think Presley and Harper go very well together! Oh and I agree, belly shots? :)

B said...

ahhhh! how exciting.

in news that may be less exciting, that's the EXACT name we've chosen for a potential sister for Ava! And by "we", I mean "me", so chances are it won't be approved by David.

Obviously, I LOVE it. Congrats!!!

Rene' said...

Awww I love it! I also agree- Harper and Presley sound perfect together. I've been thinking about what names might sound good with Jack and it's just so hard. Not that I need to pick out baby names. Not yet anyway! ;) Congrats!!

Rene' said...

P.S. I just read your new "bios" and love them! I never knew what Brandon did. That is really cool!