Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Big Girl Bed: Update

I am very happy to report that P's transition to her toddler bed has gone extremely well. I didn't expect it to be very traumatic for her, but you just never know how a toddler is going to deal with change.

The first nap in her bed went perfect, but the first night scared her a little. We layed her down awake and she fell right to sleep, but then woke up about 2 hours later. She was crying really hard for me and saying she was scared. I have never heard her say the word scared before. It made me so sad to think that she was afraid in her new bed. I went in and rubbed her head until she calmed down, and she stayed asleep until the next morning.

Then that next morning she started yelling out for me, and telling me she was scared of the alligators. Oh boy! That was another thing I had never heard before. I just knew that it was going to get worse (but it hasn't). 

The next night I brought out her Twighlight ladybug nightlight, and turned it on before I left her room. She loves her night light, and we haven't had a problem since. Presley still plays in her bed until Brandon or I go and get her. Man, I really hope this continues! Transition and change always make me nervous, but P has always handled it well. I'm so proud of my big girl!

Update: I wrote this post on Tuesday. This morning I looked at the baby monitor and P wasn't in her bed. It kind of startled me because she hadn't made any noise to let me know she was awake. I walked into her room and she was sitting in her glider, holding her twighlight ladybug, with her  PJ pants turned inside out. So much for her staying put...

*On a side note, I am having another ultrasound tomorrow morning to check again for any new signs of Downs. They will also check to see if my placenta has moved up. I've been praying like crazy that we have good findings tomorrow. Oh, I also have my glucose test tomorrow, so let's hope I pass! I'll update as soon as I can.

4 comments:

The Fants said...

So glad the toddler bed is going well :) And it looks like she's feeling better!

I can't imagine how nervous you are about all the tests. Just know that He already knows the outcome of tomorrow and He has made everything, especially your precious little girl, perfect. I'm praying right along side of you!

anika♥Lee said...

Awesome to hear how well things are going for you all and P and her big girl bed!! :) Transitions can be tricky sometimes, but it sounds like she's handling it like a champ!

I am going to send you lots of good vibes for all of your tests tomorrow!!!!! Will be thinking of you and little precious bundle #2. :) xox

Emily said...

I'm totally with you on dreading changes. I always imagine the worst! ha! So glad that P is making the change to big girl bed well. I'm not sure when we'll go there with Asher - probably my scaredy cat self will wait awhile. :-)

Praying for you and Harper tomorrow!

Mommy Tay said...

Hay for good transitions. Praying for you today.