Saturday, February 18, 2012

Big Girl Bed

We finally converted Presley's crib into a toddler bed. I can't believe this time has come. Well, the time has been here. I've just been dragging my feet. Presley is an awesome sleeper and will stay in her crib, wide awake, talking and singing to herself until I come and get her. I hope she will do the same in her big girl bed. 
At nap time today, I laid her in bed wide awake like I always do. She talked to herself until she fell asleep like she always does. So far so good!

And of course, I had to document his momentous occasion with lots of pictures:

Last climb over the railing

 Exploring her bed without the front half

Daddy putting up the toddler rail.

Testing out her new bed for the first time.
Hopefully, tonight will go just as seamlessly!

5 comments:

The Fants said...

Glad everything went well with P and her big girl bed!! I am so impressed she stayed in it this long!
She looks like she is LOVING it :)

Rene' said...

Such a big girl! I love that crib/bed, and I'm super impressed she hasn't gotten out on her own yet. We converted Jack's crib last week. I took some cell phone pictures but keep meaning to get out the good camera to document this milestone properly. Thanks for the inspiration!

I can't believe our babies are growing up!

anika♥Lee said...

Yay for big girl bed~! I wish you guys luck in keeping down that awesome road of good bed behavior!! :)

PerkinsFamily said...

I can't wait to hear how it goes!!

Jocelyn said...

We just transitioned my son into his toddler bed last night! So far... so good.