Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Babymoon in the Big Apple: Day 1

There is no way I could write everything we did in one post nor would you ever want to read that much. Therefore, I will break it up into days for your reading pleasure (Thanks, Cassie! I got this idea from your blog)!

New York Day 1
Our first day in New York started very early. Our flight left at 5:30am, which meant we needed to leave our house at 3am. However, I fell asleep around 11:30pm and woke up at 1:30am. I got a whooping 2 hours of sleep and have been cursed with never being able to sleep on planes...lets just say I was very tired the entire first day.

Our flight was smooth, and we arrived (thanks to super shuttle) at our hotel a little before 1. We sat our bags down and then just looked at each other. What should we do and how in the world are we going to get there? You see, I had 1,000 things I wanted to do and see, but never organized our days. It was lunch time, so I decided we would make our way over to Gray's Papaya. I have wanted to eat there ever since I saw the movie "Fools Rush In". With a little help from Brandon's phone GPS, we found it pretty easily. Brandon and I each got the Recession special, which was 2 Hot dogs and one of their natural fruit drinks.The fruit drink was kind of gross, so I ended up with Sprite. The hot dogs were REALLY good though.
After Gray's Papaya, we armed ourselves with a map of the city in one hand and GPS in the other (no one would have ever known we were tourists). Brandon marked the next closest landmark, which happened to be Bryant Park, and away we went. However, I spotted the 8 story Macy's on our way over and had to stop. This Macy's carries Louis Vuitton and had some of the cutest clothes I have ever seen. Lucky for Brandon, I can't fit into regular clothes, so I didn't buy anything (I did try and convince him I needed a Louis, but he wasn't having it).

Bryant Park was really pretty. I was so used to seeing it during fashion week that I though we had the wrong place, at first. Maybe one day I will make it back for Fashion week!After resting our feet, we walked to Grand Central Station. The subway station was so beautiful and our pictures don't do it justice. It was huge and buzzing with busy New Yorkers. It made me kind of wish I lived there and was rushing on my way to somewhere important.
After Grand Central Station, we decided to head back to the hotel and rest a little before dinner. I had planned on dressing up a little, but I was way too exhausted and not feeling great. Our hotel was right on Times Square, so we just decided to grab dinner somewhere around there. Ha! Big Mistake! We fell into the Times Square tourist trap and got completely ripped off. We picked a flashy New York diner called Lindy's and payed almost $100 for a pastrami sandwich and a patty melt...this did not even include fries. However, the prices didn't stop me from getting a piece of Cheesecake to go. This is the only picture we took from Lindy's. I'm looking EXTREMELY tired.
We spent the rest of the evening walking around Times square. It was amazing to see everything lit up at night. I also discovered that everything in Times Square stays open really late. Shopping Sephora at midnight...I think I will!
Unfortunately, our night didn't end so well. I was feeling terrible! I had the chills and my body was aching from fever, and Brandon was having some tummy troubles. Don't think I didn't still try some of that cheesecake though!

1 comments:

B said...

I'm so jealous! I used to live in NYC - above the Gray's Papaya on 72nd and Amsterdam, and am feeling quite homesick for it now! Have a great time!