Friday, September 25, 2009

Pumpkin Spice Cookies

If you didn't get the hint from my previous post, I love pumpkin! I got the easiest cookie recipe ever from my friend Sarah, and have been making them ever since. I decided that I NEEDED to make them today, and thought I would share. Just a side note, my Kroger was OUT, yes, OUT of canned pumpkin today. They said that there was a shortage because of the fall weather. Guess I'm not the only one that has been bitten by the fall bug (Casey, if your reading this, you will appreciate this fact).

Ingredients:
1 pkg. spice cake
1 15oz. can solid pack pumpkin (today I used Libby's pumpkin pie mix and the cookies tasted just as good).

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheet
2. In a large bowl, stir together pumpkin and spice cake until well blended.3. Drop rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. (I use my egg white separator as a scoop to get a better circle.4. Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool.
These cookies tend to be more cake like (which is why I love them) and will not come out looking like perfect shaped cookies. They are also fairly low in fat, but I like to add cream cheese frosting. Which now makes them fattening, but who wants low fat cookies anyway???

Cream cheese frosting
Ingredients:
1 pkg. cream cheese
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
1/8 cup of milk

Directions:
Mix all ingredients together and beat until creamy.
The final Product:
Easy Peasy! Hope you enjoy!

0 comments: