Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Third Trimester

I am so happy because today I am exactly 28 weeks, which officially puts me in the third and final trimester! I can't believe how this pregnancy is flying by. The second trimester was so great, and I am going to continue to enjoy every second I can of the third.

My doctor's appointment was today and Presley is doing great. Her heart rate was 150 bpm, and she cooperated very well this time. No crazy kung fu moves were performed on the doppler. My fundal height (measurement from the top of the pubic bone to the top of the uterus) was 31cm. The average at 28 weeks is between 24 cm and 32cm, so it looks like I just barely made it into that category. The doctor just said, "Wow, she's really grown"! This, of course, has me worried that I'm now going to give birth to a gigantic child. I will also be going to the doctor every 2 weeks now instead of once a month. I know a lot of people who are annoyed by this change, but I really look forward to them. I'll take any chance I get to hear that sweet heart beat and know she's doing well.

As for me, I'm still feeling really good minus a few things. My ribs have started to seperate to make room for Miss Priss (gross, I know), and it's not the best feeling. I have also had some shortness of breathe when I'm sitting. This is because my organs are having to move to make room for baby, and are pushing on my lungs. Lovely. The most annoying thing thus far is not being able to jog outside. I was really looking forward to taking advantage of the cooler weather. However, by the time I make one lap, I have to go potty. Nothing like a baby bouncing up and down on your bladder. I tried toughing it out the other day, but thought I should pick a less crowded day to experiment. I really didn't want to wet myself in front of everyone. I am still able to jog 4 miles a day on the treadmill (minus hopping off for potty breaks every few minutes), and hope to continue doing this as long as possible. I'm also still wearing my prepregnancy jeans thanks to an amazing little trick that I have to share.Yup...a hair tie. Remember this if your ever thinking about having a baby. It will save you so much money!

In honor of the third trimester, I will leave you with 3 belly shots:
This is my point of view when I'm sitting on the couch. Pardon the boobs. I tried to get them out of the shot, but at this point, they are pretty much unavoidable. Here is a full on front shot.Check out that belly button. You can also see the hole from my belly button ring...so pretty.
And the side view
In light of a couple tragic situations I heard about this week, I would just like to say again how incredibly blessed Brandon and I feel. We would do anything in the world for this baby, and already can't imagine her not in our lives. I thank God every day for this incredible gift he has given us. My heart goes out to those families and, they are in our thoughts and prayers.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look absolutely beautiful Ashlie!!