Thursday, September 3, 2009

Babymoon in the Big Apple: Day 2

Day 2 started bright and early because Brandon had signed us up for a tour of Yankee Stadium. This was the only request Brandon had while in NY, so I knew it was really important to him. I was still feeling pretty bad, but decided to tough it out. We bought a subway transit map and hopped on the subway towards Yankee Stadium. Ummm...or so we thought. We rode the train for 40 minutes and not until we crossed over into Brooklyn did we realize we had gotten on the train going in the wrong direction. The subways are so confusing!! Poor Brandon missed his tour, but handled it pretty well. He decided that he would take me back to the hotel, and he was going to attempt to go back and beg to get into another tour. It worked! He told the lady his subway story and after laughing in his face, she let him join the next tour group.

When Brandon got back, I was feeling much better and ready to explore NY. We headed to The Metropolitan, but not before asking the concierege which train to take. This was an incredible museum and it was huge. When we finally decided to leave, we had to ask how to get out.
Our next stop was Central Park. It was a little rainy, but so worth walking through. It's so crazy to see such a beautiful park in the middle of a city. It was also a nice shortcut to 5th avenue shopping. I was dying to go to FAO Schwarz and see the piano from the movie "Big". The toy store was huge and it took forever to find the piano. Brandon had just about had it with crowds and walking, but he posed for me anyway. Can't you see how excited he was?
We were starting to get hungry, so we trekked back to the hotel with all the other New Yorkers during rush hour. We learned our lesson from dinner the night before, so we asked one of our friends to give us dinner suggestions. He said we had to try a family style Italian restaurant called Tony DiNapoli's (I made Brandon take a picture with me before dinner because I actually showered this time). Oh Yummm! This place was so delicious. We ordered the chicken parmigian, and I didn't know that such a big piece of chicken even existed. For dessert, we split a brownie sundae that was equally as huge, and went to bed stuffed and happy!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

How fun!! Your trip totally makes me want to go back...and live there:) I'm so glad you got to feeling better quickly! Can't wait to read the rest!

The Perkins said...

I can't even tell you how good the chicken parmagian looks.