Saturday, September 5, 2009

Babymoon in the Big Apple: Day 4

Day 4 was such a beautiful day! We woke up and decided that we were going to see the Statue of Liberty. However, on our way to the subway, we stumbled across a huge flea market in Times Square. Suprisingly, Brandon enjoyed it as much as I did, and we picked up some great Christmas gifts for the family.Then we hopped on the subway (going the right direction this time) headed for Lady Liberty. We decided not to take a boat out for time reasons. I was content seeing her from Battery park.Brandon wanted a picture of Presley with everything we did, so we could tell her she had been there.
After the Staue of Liberty, we walked towards the financial district to get a quick peek of Wall street.Historic South Street Seaport was our intended next stop, but it ended up being Gap. I have been very stubborn about wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans, but that day I just couldn't take it (this may have had something to do with all the food I had consumed thus far). Brandon bought me a dress and it was like Heaven! Anyway, South Street Seaport is a really neat place. It's an old boardwalk with a great view of the Brooklyn Bridge.Brandon, once again, thought Presley should be photographed with the bridge. After seeing the bridge so close, I decided we needed to cross it. Well, it took us so long to find the entrance that our feet just weren't up to walking across anymore. Determined to make it into Brooklyn, we jumped on the subway. Yes, you guessed it, we went the wrong way. We also managed to go the wrong way again, trying to back track. Finally, we figured it out and got off in the cutest little neighborhood called Brooklyn Heights. It was amazing how quiet it was compared to the city. I loved the little brownstones, so I had to get quick picture. Then we walked to the famous Grimaldi's pizza. We were warned about their 3 hour wait, but didn't believe it would actually be that long. Well, when we arrived the line was super long and moving super slow. Unfortunately, we didn't have the time to wait, so we walked around the corner to a place called "The Pizza" and it was amazing!With very full stomachs, we headed back into the city so we could make it to Top of the Rock. It's a building in Rockafeller Center that is 70 stories tall. I'm a little squeamish about heights, but once I saw the view, I got over it. It was so incredible, and our pictures do not do it justice.You can see Central Park behind Brandon in this picture. After Top of the Rock, we hurried back to the hotel because we had dinner reservations at Tavern on the Green. Another total tourist trap, but it was worth the money. The room we dined in was all glass and you could see all the tress lit up outside. After dinner, Brandon arranged for a carriage ride and talked him into dropping us off all the way at 5th avenue. We purposely didn't have dessert at Tavern on the Green because I had to go to Serendipity. We made it there around 10:30pm and only had to wait 15 minutes. Oprah told me I had to order the Frozen Hot Chocolate, and I told Brandon he had to order the Broadway Sundae.Yummmmm! Both were absolutely amazing, and we didn't even come close to finishing either one. I was delerious from chocolate and thought Brandon might have to roll me home. Once again, we ended our last night in New York stuffed and happy.

0 comments: