Friday, September 11, 2009

Nursery in Progress: Part 2

The nursery is finally starting to come together! I would lie awake at night trying to figure out what fabric I wanted to use for the baby bedding. If I did sleep, fabric samples would haunt my dreams. I'm not a theme person, and didn't want anything too babyish (yes, I do realize this room is for a baby), so I was having some trouble. After searching every fabric store in Dallas and Houston, I finally found what I wanted online. I am so blessed to have an extremely talented Mother in Law, who so graciously volunteered to sew everything for me. Here is a sneak peek of the bedding (the damask is actually brown, but looks black in the pictures):
This is part of the bumper. I am going to get the pink part monogrammed with Presley's initials. The crib skirt Here is what the bed skirt looks like on the crib
Along with putting my sweet mom-n-law to work, I also had plans for the boys. Gary and Brandon got some great father/son bonding in while putting up bead board. The finished Product
I found an adorable pink shag rug online, and had to have it! I wanted it so bad that I ordered it without having my fabrics picked out ( of course, I made sure I could return it first). Thank goodness it worked! I may have gone into a state of depression if it didn't.

Then I found this chandelier at Canton. I would also like to add that I will be referring to Canton as "Heaven". I went for the first time last weekend and am officially addicted! Back to the chandelier, it came without any of the crystals. You had to buy them separately, so you could mix and match what you wanted. I am still playing around with them, but this is what I have so far. The only big thing I have left is too have the nursery repainted. Yes, that does say repainted. The first pink I picked out looked awesome on the sample, but not so awesome on the walls. I think I have finally found the perfect shade after testing about 12 different pinks.I am also on the hunt for a glider. Knowing me, I will probably have to get it custom made (but I'm trying really hard not to). If you know of any good places to get one, let me know!

1 comments:

B said...

Your nursery looks beautiful!