Monday, September 27, 2010

The Great Debate: What is the Definition of a Step?

This morning I began jumping for joy and shouting to Brandon (who was right next to me), "Presley took her first step"!!!! "Ummm, no she didn't," he replied. We went back and forth like that for a few minutes,and eventually he convinced me that what she had done did not count as a step.

So here's what happened.

She was standing and then pulled one foot forward...then she fell.

Brandon is adamant that she not only has to pull one foot forward, but also has bring her other foot next to the foot that she first stepped with, before it can be considered a step. Does that make sense???

So my lovely blogger friends, what's your consensus? Did she or didn't she? This is not only important because it will go down in her baby book for all of eternity, but my ego is on the line here....


Lastly, I leave you with this... because who doesn't need a good laugh on a Monday.

4 comments:

Rene' said...

OMG too cute! I love baby laughs! Ok, so a simple question to clear all this up- when P put the one foot forward, did she put that foot back down on the ground before she fell? Or did she fall with that foot in the air? If she lifted her foot, moved it forward, and then put it back down again, then yes, she took a step! She doesn't have to move both feet for it to count as a step. Woohoo- go Presley!!

Emily said...

This is so funny - and Rene's analysis made it complete. Haha! I think the step is whatever you want it to be! It sounds like Miss P took her first step and that's awesome! One down, a million to go!! :o)

aleelavine said...

It sounds like Miss P took her very first step to me!!!!! GOOOOO PRESLEY!!!! Wow!!! Everyone has been telling me it's all over once they start walking... I say it all begins! :)

B said...

GO Presley!!!! Yes, ma'am. That's a step to me! I liked Rene's definition!