Tuesday, November 15, 2011

NT Scan

On Monday,  We had little S2's Nuchal Fold scan. It was so fun to see an actual baby moving all around. It has certainly changed from the 6 week blob (sorry baby).

So far, Souders' babies are proving to be stubborn. Presley never gave a full profile, and this babe gave one but after much poking, prodding, and coughing. Everything looked good with baby, but I have placenta previa (a low lying placenta). It's not a big deal right now, and should move up on it's own, but the Doctor gave me strict orders to quit my workout routine. This makes me really sad, but it's not really about me right now.

The heart rate for this baby at 12 weeks was 167 BPM and Presley's (at 12 weeks) was 166 BPM. That's pretty close! I wonder what that might mean about the gender??? Speaking of gender, they told us Presley was a girl at her NT scan, but they didn't say anything at this one. I didn't ask either. I decided I was just going to be patient with this one.

I also noticed that during Presley's scan, she was on her head, flipped to her back, facing forwards, then upside down again. This little baby moved it's arms and legs a lot, but was generally satisfied to stay in the same general position. I'm hoping this is some sort of indication of what type of personally it's going to have....

Now for my favorite part! Check out this cutie pie:





3 comments:

Emily said...

I just love ultrasound pictures! So beautiful and amazing! What does the NT scan looks for again? Everything look great? I never had an NT scan with Asher, so I forget all about that one...

Maybe another girl - that would be fun!

B said...

Awwww, cute! This almost (ALMOST) makes me want another :)

My money is on this one being a boy :) I'm right like 90%, too, haha, so I hope you want a boy!

And thanks for your sweet comment on my blog! I'm feeling like a big bloated sack of junk food, so that made me feel better!

Oh, and my aunt had placenta previa - it unfortunately did not go away and she had to deliver via c-section after bed rest, but that was exceptionally uncommon. Sending moving placenta vibes (??) and prayers your way!

The Fants said...

aww, love the little baby profile ;)

That's a bummer about placenta previa and working out, but maybe it's just what you need so you can fully relax during the pregnancy.

Can't wait to read more! :)