Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bad Mommy

Ughhh, yesterday was supposed to be a fun day outdoors for my little Sweet P. She has been constantly asking to go outside, and finally, our weather allowed for it. I packed up, camera in hand, and headed out.

I brought her to our local park, and let her run wild in a open field. She enjoys this freedom way more than playing on the actual playground. I was having the best time watching her play, and getting lots of pictures in. However, I was so focused on capturing our afternoon on camera that I forgot about some hidden dangers of the outdoors (aka ants). I watched her while she climbed onto a little log behind a tree and started to take a picture when she began screaming. I ran over to her and she held her hands up to me, and to my horror there were little ants crawling all over her fingers. I grabbed her up, and immediately began brushing her off as fast as I could. It was a good thing it was warm out because I stripped her down to her diaper. Poor thing. She got quite a few ant bites, but barely cried.

After another ant check, we got in the car to go home sans clothes. As soon as we got out, she started asking for her "wawa". I handed over her sippy cup, and she leaned back to take a big gulp. I, then proceeded to walk her head straight into the door frame. Awesome. I really wish this is where my story ends, but no. It was dark when we walked into the house, so I walked over to shut the blinds with Presley on my hip. As I was squeezing between her highchair and our breakfast table, I squished her tiny hand.SERIOUSLY?!? Good thing I have a semi tough kiddo. Hopefully, today will go a little smoother...


Here are some of the pics I took BEFORE she was attacked by ants:



5 comments:

Heather said...

Super cute photos! I tell my husband it is a good thing Hadlea will not remember these days or she would be damaged for life! I feel like I am constantly doing the same things... running her in to stuff, knocking her over, etc.
What kind of camera do you have?

Kelly said...

Great photos! Poor little girl..I have had those days with the kids before. Boo to them!

Rene' said...

Presley is becoming such a big girl! I'm loving the pictures. They're stunning!

I hope today has been better for you. What's life without a few bumps and bruises?

Bonnie said...

Beautiful pictures! Jarrett had his first bad "boo-boo" this past weekend. He fell off the bed into a basket of hangers :( I think kids recover quickly over these things! HA!

aleelavine said...

Ahhhh the pics are great. I imagine you have a boat load of those. Perfection. :) I really love the silhouette pic!!!

Don't feel bad.. I totally agree with Rene'... what's life without a few bumps & bruises??? But I know that guilt too.... poor little kiddos. I'm sure she's forgotten all about how Momma beat up on her. LOL j/k!!!