Monday, May 2, 2011

16 Months


Really, it's short and sweet this month.

BIG.

She just seems so darn BIG recently.

She calls me "mommy" now instead of "momma".

Puts together two word phrases. For example, "mommy sock" when she wants her socks on or "help me" when she needs help."Hold you" when she wants to be held.

Any child around her size or smaller is a "bebe", and in turn greets them with "hi, bebe"!

She watches EVERYTHING I do, and tries to do it just like me.

Is beginning to play independently for longer periods of time. I love to hide around the corner and watch what she does. A lot of times, she's sitting with a book. Recently, she has gotten very into her dolls. She pushes them in her stroller, rocks them, wraps them in her blanket...ughh! It's so sweet!

Not only that, but she wants to DO everything independently. She wants to wash her own hair and body, undress/dress herself, put her shoes and mine on etc. Along with this comes the tantrums. I try and let her do as much as possible on her own, but sometimes I have to tell help her. Oh boy...so not fun!

She will follow my directions when asked. For example, I will ask her to feed the cats. She will go to the cabinet and get the food out, pour the food in the bowl (she can't actually get the food out, but seems satisfied to just make the motion), and then put the cat food back up in the cabinet.

Loves to make faces! We will ask her to show us "sad baby" and she will stick her lip out and whimper or show us "happy baby" and she will grin from ear to ear.

We are back to our regular napping and she is like a different child! Hallelujah!!

There is always so much more that I think of to write after I hit "post", but I think this is good enough.

Oh my...how did my sweet baby get so BIG so fast!?!

3 comments:

B said...

Yay for two word sentences! Jealous! Ava's vocab has exploded recently, but she still likes to try to get her point across with a word and a whole lot of gesturing/pointing!

I know what you mean about the independence-induced tantrums. Good luck, mama!

aleelavine said...

Ashlie, your pictures are breathtaking. Wish you lived closer and you could teach me! :)
I can't believe how advanced Miss P is getting... and how sweet of a little girl she is. I know this is completely belated, but HAPPY 16!

Rene' said...

Happy (belated) 16 months!!! What a big, smart girl you've got! I'm also impressed by the 2 word sentences. Jack has started trying to repeat everything I say, but so far he can only sound out the beginning of the word (bah for ball). It's so amazing to just watch them and listen to them. With P practicing her skills on the baby doll, she'll be all set to help out with baby #2 when the time comes! ;)