Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Easter 2011

While technically we should have been in Houston with my family this Easter, we ended up staying in Dallas. We had just gotten back from visiting my new sweet nephew in Georgia, and it was just too much to turn around and head out of town again.

Our neighborhood had a big Easter egg hunt on Saturday morning for the kids, and then we had mimosa's and quiche for the adults. Now that's my kind of Easter celebration. Then we all went home and had naps only to all get back together again, and have a big Easter dinner. It really felt more like Thanksgiving with all the food we had. I love my neighborhood so much!!!


Then on Easter morning Presley woke up to her Easter basket. The Easter bunny found a really neat Children's bible that has a little handle on it. Presley loved carrying it around like a little briefcase all morning. Then, we had our traditional Orange rolls before heading over to Brandon's parents.

Presley got spoiled, once again, by her Grammie and Poppa with a big Easter basket filled with all sorts of goodies. Brandon and I got spoiled by another delicious meal...and this is why I woke up on Monday weighing 500 lbs. After another Easter egg hunt and eating more food, we headed home.





That was our Easter in a nut shell. I hope everyone else had a wonderful day.

Hoppy Easter Every Bunny!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness, I love her Easter outfits. Too cute! Glad you all had a fun weekend - and lots of good food! I'm still "helping" Asher eat the candy that the Easter bunny brought him. 500 lbs doesn't begin to cover it!

Rene' said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I love the picture of all the kids sitting on the bench. Adorable! I'm also super jealous of all the yummy food. I definitely don't need the extra calories though! :) And seriously, you make 500 lbs look really good. ;)