Thursday, May 19, 2011

Spinning

Yep. I'm alive.

Our computer crashed, and had to have a major overhaul. However, it's finally back and way better than before. On top of not having a computer, we have had a ton going on. What, you ask? Well, Mother's day, a few photo shoots for friends, my sweet nephew and sis-n-law flew in from Georgia, my Mom came for a visit and I some how got my self involved in a spin boot camp. So, between all of that my head is literally spinning!

Speaking of spinning! I love it. The first few classes were hard. And by hard I mean, I thought I might die right there mid-spin. Originally, I thought I had just signed up for a casual spin class. I had visions of socializing and getting a nice break for "me".  Ummmm, No. We get our body fat measured and are weighed, we have homework, and have to fill out workout/eating journals. Besides the fact, that I feel like I've been run over by a bus the first hour after class, I can't wait to get back to the next one.

In order for me to go to spin, I have to drop Presley off at the childcare at the gym. I was a little taken a back by the lack of information they needed. I wanted to tell the baby sitter so many things. How would Presley ever survive this one hour, if the babysitter didn't know that "ebby" meant "open", for goodness sake. I sucked it up, dropped her off, and 10 minutes later was called out of class to get my inconsolable child. Hello, Mom guilt. She gets a little better each time we go, but it makes me really sad. The up side of feeling like you might die during class is it takes your mind off of feeling guilty about leaving your child.

Now I'm off to catch up on blogs!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Kenzie is the same way. Screams every time we drop her off at the gym childcare. She ends up calming down shortly after I leave and each time gets better. Good luck!

Emily said...

Presley probably just knew that you'd need a break in the middle of that killer spin class. Thanks, hon!

Asher cries when I drop him off at our church nursery, but he's getting better all the time. He even waves when we come to get him and just goes back to playing. ha!