Tuesday, August 2, 2011

19 month Celebration @ Sealife Aquarium

My big girl turned 19 months last Friday!!! I can't believe that she will no longer be in the "teens" next month. Her 19 month birthday was super duper special because Mimi came for a visit and spoiled her rotten as usual. We decided to take Presley to the new Sealife aquarium in Grapevine 

P loves fish! Every time I take her to the peditrician, she runs over to the fish tank exclaiming, "fish, fish"! Then she smashes her face to the class and stares. I'm pretty sure they hate me there after they have to clean the smeary mess that's left behind on the tank. Anyway, I was so excited to see what Presley would think of the aquarium.

I think the following pictures will pretty much speak for themselves:





She was totally mesmerized by all the fish! I loved watching her.

At one point in the aquarium, you have to go across a tunnel that is all glass (including the floor). At first, it bothered Presley to walk over it and she hesitated. However, it didn't take long before she got the courage to go across...again and again and again. It turned out to be one of her favorite parts of the aquarium.

Here she is in the tunnel watching the fish below her.
 and that's pretty much how she stayed until we convinced her to move along.

My Mom and I both loved the sting ray's. They were so cute! They would come right up to you. We loved it when they would pop their heads out of the water and swim backwards.

Aren't these some cute sting ray's?? Who knew!?!

There was also a fish tank that had a little cut out and you could pop your head in it and see the fish.

And  a view of what the fish get to see when Presley is staring at them:

Such a special 19 month celebration!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Whoa, poor fish! Ha ha - that last photo with her nose all smooshed up on the glass is TOO funny!!

Looks like so much fun!

aleelavine said...

That looks like a wonderful 19 month celebration!!!! B loves fish too... I got him a betta fish a little while ago. We named him Turbo. :) Happy 19 Miss P!

Rene' said...

How fun! I love the pictures of her face up on the glass. Too cute! I still need to take Jack to the aquarium one of these days.

Happy 19 months, Presley! And yes, I am shocked at how big they are now and that they will be 20 months old this month!! How did this happen?