Wednesday, August 31, 2011

20 months!

I just realized I failed to do a 19 month post, oops, so I wanted to give a quick update on my big girl. We just got back from a family vacation a few days ago and Presley has been running a really high fever. Therefore, I don't have a whole lot of free time to write, but I will post a few videos.

Doesn't 20 months sound old?? In 4 months, I'll have a two year old...

Presley is a chatty little thing, but that's nothing new. She pretty much talks in 3 word sentences,and I love having conversations with her. Sometimes I think she just likes to hear herself talk, so she thows in extra words or repeats herself multiple times. Recently, she has been adding the word "do" to her sentences ex, "I do push" or "I do walk".

She is into all things girly. Doing her hair, putting "makeon" (makeup on), jewelry, shoes etc. I have had several pieces of jewelry go missing along with my hair brushes. I have a feeling this is just a glimpse of what will be happening in her teenage years.







P is very into singing, and I hope this phase stays for as long as possible. I love that she asks me to sing for her, and some nights she will sing along with me.




Presley is also into kissing boo boo's. I happen to have a split lip right now (just from being chapped. No cool story, sorry) and I have been getting kisses all day long. I can't complain about that one... except she occasionally kisses a tad rough and has reopened my cut a few times.

Speaking of rough, she is. This is nothing new.  As much as I complain about it, I kind of love it! I think she has a case of "little dog" syndrome. She's cute and petite, but she can kick your a$$.

  Did I mention that she is TWENTY MONTHS!?! I've been getting more and more sad about how big she is getting, especially when I rock her at night. She takes up my whole lap:(. At least she's still letting me rock her, sighhhh. She just seems so big now...

Well, that's all for now folks!

3 comments:

Emily W said...

Happy 20 months Presley! I totally agree - they seem SO big now. I happened to catch Asher and I in the mirror when I was holding him yesterday and his feet go to my knees. We're starting to look silly. :-)

aleelavine said...

Happy 20 Months to Miss P!!! Those videos are great. The 1st one is my absolute favorite...making the noises. Precious!!!!! I get sad to think of how fast they've grown as well... but it's so much fun, right? Wouldn't be the same without these kiddos!!!! Sorry about your lip... hope she can give it a rest between those sweet kisses to heal up!

Rene' said...

Happy 20 months, big girl!! They are definitely getting too big. I really can't believe they'll be 2 in a few short months. Jack still likes to lay on my chest at night before I put him to bed and in the morning when he wakes up. He doesn't fit as well, but I still love it and I treasure those moments! They'll be gone before we know it. :(