Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Sweetest Sound

Presley has recently started singing. I love it more than I can describe. It melts my heart into a million pieces. Some of her favorites are "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star", The Barney Song (I ONLY like this song when Presley sings it, otherwise it kind makes me want to gag), and the "A,B,C's". When she sings, her voice gets a little softer and goes up a few octaves. It is the sweetest sweetest sound.

She also requests certain songs at night while I rock her. Unfortunately, Barney is the song of choice, and she makes me sing it over and over and over and...You get the point.
The other night I chose to sing "Jesus Loves Me" and was told, "No!! Barney".
Sorry, Jesus.

If I pause too long between songs, she tells me "sing, sing Mommy". So, I sing and sing. While I don't have the most beautiful singing voice, my grandmother did. Maybe Presley will be blessed with a voice like hers. Either way, it will be beautiful to me.



3 comments:

Brittani said...

aww so sweet. Maybe she will sing to Landon when we visit!

Emily said...

That is too sweet! I love that she asks you to sing! We might need some video of Miss P preforming. :)

Rene' said...

LOVE! This post is so sweet! Jack likes to sing "Row, row your boat". :)

I also request video of the talented Presley! :)