Friday, September 2, 2011

P -N- the Potty

We are just dabbling in the world of potty training here. I, for one, am in no hurry to have Presley out of diapers. It's really nice not having to make pit stops on road trips, shopping trips, etc.

So why am I starting this, you ask? Well, because Presley is adamantly requesting To "pee pee in the potty". So, I'm just going to ride this train and see where it takes us. If anyone would like some advice on how to get your child obsessed with the potty, just take them on a 10 day vacation with their older cousin who has just been potty trained themselves...

I'm also very proud to report that Presley did go pee pee in her potty last night. I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but not a bad start. Oh, one last tip...
Don't yell potty praises so loud that you make your child jump off the potty mid-pee pee because you terrified them.

Here is a picture of her 1st pee pee. You couldn't really see any private parts, but it was cutting it close.  I chose to censor with a flower because it's way cuter than a black rectangle, and I know Presley would appreciate that.


3 comments:

Brittani said...

for a minute I thought that flower was part of the potty!

Anonymous said...

Presley will probably protest this picture when she's older- ha ha

B said...

Yay, P! We've been working on the same thing, with a lot of success lately. It's still very sporadic, although part of it may be a laziness on my part. I'm not giving it my all - it's more of a "wanna go potty?" type of questioning when I think about it haha