Friday, September 30, 2011

A Week of Pinterest

I joined pinterest a while ago and have let myself sink deeper into the obsessive world of pinning. I decided last week, I was going to do one thing every day  from pinterest. Unfortunately for me, I mainly chose recipes and may have gained a few pounds along the way.

The first thing we tried was the Crayon art project that is all over Pinterest. I thought Presley would LOVE this because she's obsessed with the hairy dryer. After about a minute of blow drying she was over it, and I ended up doing the rest myself. I still love it though, and plan on hanging it in the playroom.



and now for the FOOD! I had intentions of taking my own pictures, but with a super active toddler, I'm lucky to get dinner finished at all. This is why I think the crock pot is a little piece of heaven here on earth. since were on the subject, I'll start with the two crock pot recipes

 Crockpot Italian Chicken:
This was super easy with very few ingredients, plus it has cream cheese in it.  How can you go wrong with cream cheese (I used the reduced fat)??? Go here for the full recipe.

 Chicken Enchilada Soup:
 This had good flavor and was also pretty simple. The flavor probably would have been even better, but I left out the onions (Brandon hates them), corn (Brandon's also not a fan) and peppers (forgot to buy them). We had enough left over for lunch for the next 3 days. The best part was Presley told me it was "ayishish" (delicious) and then proceeded to drink out of her bowl. Kid tested, Mother approved! Go here for the full recipe.


Breaded Ranch Chicken (my one non-crockpot recipe):
This was my absolute favorite new recipe. It was seriously delicious. Period. Go here for the full recipe

Now for the sweets (my favorite part):


Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treats:
I made these for a Cowboys watching party because there were going to be lots of kiddos around. Guess who indulged in these the most. The adults! YUM! Go here for the recipe.

Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites:
So I have an abnormal obsession with peanut butter, and these hit the spot. Don't eat the whole recipe though. These babies have over 5,000 calories! Mine didn't turn out quite as pretty, but a guy told me they were "Heavenly", so that made up for my ghetto dipping skillz. You can find the full recipe here.

7 comments:

aleelavine said...

I just requested an invite to pinterest. Looks like another super cool site!!!! I will have to try that crayon project. The outcome is soooooo cool looking! :) And those recipes all look super yummy. Have a great weekend!

Brittani said...

Love this post idea! L and I actually have a few pintrest projects we are going to do tomorrow, I'll be sure to take pics! Love the art BTW!!!

Anonymous said...

I looove pinterest!! I've been wanting to do the crayon thing, too! Yours urned out great :)
By the way, Bryson was in my lap when I watched the video of Presley and he made me play it at least 15 times. He kept saying "mor baby wing. Wool!!' (more baby swinging woo-because you yelled wooo!) hahah!,
She is So cute :)

kelly said...

Your project looks great, and the food doesn't look too bad either.

Kelly

Pinfluence said...

The cake batter rice krispy treats look YUMMY!!! I will for sure be making them this week!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love all those recipes....Pinning is so addictive....

http://pinterest.com/tpowell2/

Anonymous said...

Love the crayon idea!! Would look super cool in our classroom at school!!