Saturday, December 22, 2012

Our {own} Little Christmas Celebration

Before we head out for our big Christmas celebration with all my family, we wanted to have a small one at home with just the 4 of us. Everyone got into their pajamas except for Brandon (he's anti-pajama pants, but thankfully, not anti-Christmas shirt), and got ready to celebrate!

This picture was taken with a self timer. We told Presley she had to smile if she wanted to open a present, and look what happened!?! I'll be taking advantage of that throughout the holiday. As for Harper, she is always smiling. ALWAYS. 

I was testing out the focus on my self timer earlier in the evening, and came out with a pretty cute pic of my sweet Harper girl.

We decided we would make homemade pizza for dinner before opening presents. Presley loves cheese almost as much as presents, so this was a win-win for her.



After dinner, it was time to open presents. This year we had Presley pick a present for Harper and Harper (and Mommy/Daddy) pick out a present for P. This was one of my favorite traditions as a kid, so I was excited to carry it on with my little's. 


Check out Harper's eyes in this pic. Apparently, the sound of ripping wrapping paper is quite terrifying. She burst into tears immediately after this picture was taken.



Presley got the Elefun game, and of course, we had to play it immediately!



Then it was time for Brandon and I to exchange gifts. 

Brandon got me some new boots. They are so cute, but you can't really tell here. He picked them out on his own. I was VERY impressed.

I got him a new driver. He's trying to up his golf game.

Then we ended the night by baking and decorating sugar cookies. 

This was such a special little celebration. I can't wait to head to Houston to start the festivities with the whole family!

2 comments:

Emily said...

What a great photo of the 4 of you! Def capitalize on that smile trick while it lasts!

Asher got Elefun for his birthday and he LOVES it!!

Rene' said...

I love that you were able to have your own celebration before heading off to be with the rest of your family. I also love the tradition of the girl's picking out gifts for each other. Definitely looks like a fun time!

I need to figure out my self-timer. That's a great pic!!