Thursday, August 6, 2009

Nursery In Progress

Just a side note, I have about 20 things on my To Do list and blogging is not one of them. You can tell where my priorities lie. Now back to the purpose of this post.

The Nursery!!!
Today our baby furniture was delivered and I love it. I would like to just throw in a huge thank you to my parents, who so graciously bought it for us. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! We love it ,and Presley will too. Anyway, we got a call saying it was going to be delivered earlier then we expected, which thrilled me. However, we are currently using the room as our gym and needed to get everything out. The treadmill is so big that we have to take it apart to fit it through the doors. Well, at almost 10 at night we (and by we, I mean Brandon) began disassembling. It was going so smoothly until we (again, I mean Brandon)got to the last bolt. Turns out it was shredded and there was no getting it out. We attempted to shove what was left through the door, but that was NOT happening. After a few choice words, Brandon's solution was to take the doors of the hinges of the old gym/new nursery and to the old guestroom/fabulous new guestroom/gym combo. Success! We were able to empty out the room in preparation for baby furniture. Lesson learned...never wait until 10pm to start such a big project. Come to think of it, we have been learning lots of lessons lately. Miss Priss, you are certainly teaching your parents a lot, and your not even here yet.

The nursery is literally a blank slate and I can't wait to get started. However, I just can't seem to make a decision on what I want to do with the room. Even though we still have plenty of time, it has been keeping me up at night. I will post as soon as I decide what I'm going to do (I know you will be on pins and needles waiting for that post...I hope you sense the sarcasm). Here is what Presley's room looks like so far.


and here's the furniture from a different angle because I know your dying to see!


Everytime I walk past the nursery, I can't resist popping my head in and taking a look. It just makes everything even more real! So all we need now is bedding, curtains, a rug, a glider, maybe a chandelier, and most importantly, a baby!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful, Ashlie!! Go on www.nurserydepot.com to find or get ideas for bedding. They have really good deals and awesome bedding sets! I got a 10 piece set for $125 and they have free shipping!! Good luck with decorating the nursery...it sure does make it more real, doesn't it?