Saturday, May 1, 2010

4 Months!


My sweet little Presley is four months old!

I am absolutely loving this age. She laughs and smiles all the time, and is such a happy baby. My favorite part of the day is waking up to her constant babble. She just lays in bed and talks to herself until I come and get her. When she sees me she squeals with excitement, and that my friends, is even better than coffee in the morning!
I can't believe how much she is doing now. I have to be really careful because she grabs at everything I have and is usually pretty successful at getting her hands on it. The other day she knocked over my drink and my salad. I guess that's what I get for letting her sit in my lap while I ate lunch. She also puts everything in her mouth. As soon as I hand her something, straight to the mouth it goes. Her hands are also in her mouth about 99% of the time.
P has discovered her feet and likes to grab hold of them, as well. She still hasn't rolled from her back to her tummy, but is getting so close. If she would just move her arm then she would be able to do it. The problem is she has no desire to move her arm. It's in the perfect position for her to suck on. She is also able to sit tripod style for a little while before she topples over.
I think I may have a talker on my hands. She pretty much babbles, coo's, and squeals throughout the day. I love hearing her baby voice. It's so sweet! She is also starting to go to bed around 9:30-10 instead of 11 and usually wakes up around 8-8:30am. Hallelujah! I'm going to stop writing because I could go on and on. I just don't want to forget a single thing. I feel like she is growing so fast!
Okay, okay, just a few more things than I'm done...I promise!
* She arches her back when I put her in her car seat or bed and doesn't want to be in it.
*loves to "walk" (we hold her up and she takes tiny steps)
*Is now in size 1-2 diapers
*Wears 3-6 months for the most part, but can still squeeze into some 0-3
*Gets very frustrated and screams when she can't get her toy to do what she wants it to.
*Is nursing almost every 3 hours, but every now and then gets a hungry a little sooner. This usually happens when we are in the middle of a mall...far away from any place that I can feed her.
*Diaper changes are super hard because she likes to hold both her feet in her hands. As soon as I get one hand free from her foot, she grabs it right back.
*Is always trying to pull herself up into sitting position when I lay her on the boppy or in her car seat.
*Taking a good picture is becoming a challenge.Now when she grins she curls into a ball. I need a faster camera.
Right...I get it...I'm stopping.

Did I mention I'm crazy for this little girl??

OK, now I'm done!

4 comments:

Rene' said...

Awww, I love it!! She's a cutie and I can tell you are a very proud mommy. Jack also babbles when he wakes up and as soon as he sees my face, he squeals! It is seriously the best thing in the world! That is so cute that Presley has found her feet and grabs them. Jack stares at his, but I don't think he has realized that they are actually his and he can grab them.

The Fants said...

She is so cute, Ashlie! It's so fun to have babies that are the same age :)

the Sebring's said...

I loved that stage, too! I am so happy you are savoring every moment, because it goes by too quickly!

aleelavine said...

Happy 4 months Presley!!! SO adorable.... It is a very fun age, isn't it???? Bennett found his feet as well and loves to hold them for me when I'm cleaning his lower regions. Haha, but then he doesn't want to let go when I need to strap the diaper on!!!