Saturday, May 29, 2010

5 months!


My sweet angel is five months old today! Seriously, I am really going to keep this short today. I have a strict rule about not blogging on weekends. I try and soak up as much family time as possible which means staying far away from the computer!

Anyhoo, back to the most precious little babe in the world! She has been doing some pretty exciting things!!! For one, she is now in her crib. I know....ridiculous that it took this long. She has also officially been on almost every form of transportation. My mother in law, P and I all took a trip to Georgia to visit my sister in law where Miss Priss went on a plane, a bus, and a train! This little lady is also sitting up for about a minute at a time. In fact, she could be screaming her head off and all I have to do is sit her up because this new view point thrills her! And...this kind of scares me....she is starting to scoot (she gets her knees under her and pushes with her feet)!!!! If you know anything about P, you know she never stops moving. I should have known this might start early. Speaking of moving, she has become a rolling fool. I literally looked away for 2 seconds the other day, and she had rolled herself half way across the living room. Solids have also been introduced in this household. The cereal was a big fat fail, so I just said screw it and gave her pears. Oh my was she in Heaven! I'm going to continue to introduce one new food a week in case of unforeseen food allergies. This baby also loves the water. Well, water that is not cold. She wasn't terribly fond of the cold ocean water while we were in Georgia. Also, I need to confess. I wanted a pic of P sitting up at the beach, and she face planted during our photo shoot. I'm talking sand up the nose kind of a face plant. I'm a horrible Mommy:( I digress...she also has a baby pool that has a shade over the top, so I don't have to worry about her burning. She would stay in it all day if I let her. Last, but not least, Prissy loves giving kisses. No friends, not just any kisses. Big, wet, eat your face kind of kisses. Mommy particularly loves this (even if she really is just trying to eat my face)!

Right, well, so much for keeping this short. Happy 5 months to my sweet precious smiley baby!

Also, since I can't upload new pics, I'll have to put up her 5 month pic later. I guess these will have to do for now:)

We love you, Sweet P.

5 comments:

Brittani said...

While the face plant was bad, she got over pretty quickly and gave us a good laugh at the same time!

Rene' said...

Love the beach pics!!! And don't feel too bad. I was getting a picture of Jack sitting up and he toppled over sideways. I learned my lesson and felt horrible!

I love that you make weekends all about family. That's why i wait until Jack is in bed to get on the computer. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and that sweet girl of yours!

Happy 5 months!

B said...

She's so incredibly precious! What an adorable swimsuit!!!

Ava is just starting to get to where she can sit for 15 or so seconds - I can't wait until she can sit long enough for me to get a picture!!!

aleelavine said...

What a cute little sweetheart!!! You know, I saw that pic of P sitting up on the beach and I did actually think... I wonder if she fell during that at all :) No worries, you're still a great Mommy!!!
I look forward to when B can sit up on his own... leaning over the pack & play walls is quite difficult for me (i have short, short legs! haha) and will be easier when I can grab him from a sitting position.
HAPPY 5 MONTHS!!!!

Anonymous said...

i want her panties, i want my tongue in her ass