Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tales from the Crib: Update

So friends, as some you know, I had kind of a hard time parting with my little roomie. Well, I am now officially roommate free. I love not having to tip toe around my room in complete darkness, and I have significantly less bruises! However, I miss her. It was very comforting to just look over and know she's okay. The lazy side of me also hates getting up and walking to the other side of the house when she cries.

How did I do it? I just did it. Period. End of story.

It also helped that P was kind of weaned from her bed when we went to Georgia. Where my mother in law and I discovered she loves to sleep on her tummy. In fact, if I lay her down on her back in her crib, she almost immediately flips to her tummy or side. These new sleeping positions have Brandon and I taking pics of the video monitor because she looks so cute. Our favorite is "sexy Lady" pose. This is where she is on her side and her arm is positioned behind her head. My other favorite is when she is on her tummy with her little booty in the air. Ahhhh...so sweet!


So, I officially feel like a big girl now, as does Presley. The best part of all is coming to get her out of the crib in the morning and seeing that beautiful smile. Melts my heart.

2 comments:

aleelavine said...

We still haven't moved B to his crib.... and probably won't until he's a year old because we are so scared of SIDS (more DH than myself...) and it works out alright that he sleeps in our room... he is a wonderful sleeper and I swear Daddy bugs me more than Baby. What's with these little ones wanting to sleep on their tummies??? I love how you called that one pose "Sexy lady" hahaha... i do love the butt in the air one. :) Can't wait to see pics!!!

B said...

Ava is still in our room :/ I haven't even tried to move her yet - I'm just waiting until at least six months since I also am terrified of SIDS. Plus, it's nice to be able to just peek over into her bassinet when she's squeaking to see if she's actually waking up...

...I'd by lying, though, if I said I wasn't a bit jealous that you have your room back to yourself!