Monday, March 28, 2011

Nap Time

I love nap time.

Not for me.Although, that would be nice. It's a time for me to get as much done as i possibly can before Presley comes through like a tiny tornado and undoes half of it.

Unfortunately, it seems Presley is no longer interested in napping at all. We dropped our afternoon nap a few months ago, and have been down to one nap a day. She would typically sleep 1.5 to 2 hours. Fine...no problem. I can handle the one nap.

What I can't handle is no nap at all...

I put her down and 15 minutes later, she's up. Today it lasted a whole 22 minutes.

What is going on?? Is it already possible for her to be phasing out naps altogether? For sanity's sake, I usually leave her in her crib for at least an hour. Then I get her up, and guess what? She's super cranky all day! This has only been going on a little over a week, and I feel like I might go a tad crazy.

I know I've mentioned this before, but I generally have Presley from the time she wakes up until she goes to bed...and then I'm up with her anytime she wakes up during the night. Brandon works crazy ours and isn't around a lot during the weekdays. I'm not mentioning this because I want sympathy. I don't! I just don't have a lot of extra time to get anything else done. Which is why I might go into mourning, if naps are finished.

Oh my, I really loved nap time...

3 comments:

The Watzeks' said...

It definitely might be a stage. What time does she go to bed and wake up? I know they say kids until 4 should atleast get some "down time" during the day. Carson will be 3 next month and still takes an afternoon nap for 1-3 hours. Addison dropped her morning nap a few weeks ago (some days, she still takes it), and is down to the same nap time in the afternoon as Carson. I don't know what I'm going to do when Carson decides he doesn't want one anymore!
I think you're doing the right thing by leaving her in there. Even if she doesn't sleep, she's still getting that "down time". Hopefully, she'll start realizing she's going to be staying in there and she'll fall asleep for you and get back on schedule!

B said...

I agree that it could be a stage, and I'm crossing my fingers for you that it is! I think the most important thing while she's trying to phase it out is to consistently enforce it, so she won't get the idea that you agree naptime is over! :)

aleelavine said...

I agree with Bri. I know B would much rather play than sleep...but luckily {knock on wood} he has been good with daytime naps as well. I'm sure it's probably just a phase, though... but I would try to be consistent as well, always trying to put her down and not giving in too easily...although I know that's so hard!!! :) Good luck!