Friday, June 3, 2011

17 Months!

Ummm...there is no way she will be a year in a half next month.
NO. WAY.

  • At 17 months, Presley is quite the handful! She is the busiest toddler I have ever seen. In fact, I'm getting a little worried about it. I keep getting comments from my mommy friends about how she never stops. Our pediatrician has even commented on it a few times. Sometimes she reminds me of Bambi on ice. As busy as she is, I certaintly wouldn't trade her for anything.
  • At bath time, she loves to blow bubbles in the water. Just recently, P discovered she can lay on her tummy in the tub, and has a blast swimming around. She also likes for me to help her lay on her back. She will say " back" and I'll help her lay down . 
  •  Jumps with 2 feet off the ground. Jumping makes her very happy:)
  •  Loves the "Elephant Song" that Barney sings. She walks around  saying "Elephant" until somebody plays it for her. I HATE the Elephant song.
  •  Is getting attached to her little baby doll. She requests it every night before bed and nap. She will also pick it up, bounce up, and down and say "shh, shh, shh". It's pretty darn cute.
  • Very into putting on our clothes. Just the other day, she managed to get my under on (see pictures below). Guess I need to quit leaving my clothes on the floor.
  • says the word "shibit" all the time. We have NO clue what this means, but it clearly means something to Presley.
  • She wants to have everything I have, and politely makes her request by saying "hab dat" (have that). It makes it hard to so "no". 
  •  Would live outside if I let her. She tells me "wok" (walk) pretty much the minute she wakes up.
  • Climbed out of her crib for the first time. I'm not really ready to convert to a toddler bed yet. Isn't it still a little young??
  • Enjoying the gym daycare much more . She still cries when I drop her off, but stops by the time I turn the corner.
  • Pretty sure we are experiencing the terrible 2's early. She is one strong headed little lady, and she can hold her own. Unfortunately for her, so can Mama!
  • Is such a ham. She loves to show off and the more laughs she gets, the harder she performs. 
  • Still a petite little thing. She is just now starting to get into 18 months, but can fit into most 12 months for the most part.
Lastly, I leave you with pictures of Presley putting on my underwear. Yes, I am literally airing my dirty laundry over the internet.

3 comments:

The Fants said...

how adorable is she with all her words!?? I think she and Bryson should play together and they can both egg eachother on and be the audience for eachother :)

Happy 17 months!!

(I can't believe our kiddos are going to be 1 and a half years old next month either!!! My goodness!!)

Emily said...

I can't believe our kiddos are 17 months already! Presley is so cute - I love it when little girls have babies of their own to love on. :-)

{nice undies mommy! ha!}

B said...

Oh my Gosh - adorable!

I totally get what you're saying about being worried about how busy they are! A is the same way, and does things that I feel like Stella didn't do until she was three! She'll even climb the ladders at the park if I let her! WTH?

Presley is so, so cute!