Friday, June 17, 2011

ScRiBbLeS & dRiBbLeS

Yesterday,  I took Sweet P to her very first art class. I didn't really know what to expect, but had heard some great things about it from friends. It's in the Children's science museum at Fair Park. If you haven't visited, it's a must!

Anywhoo, back to the art class. I'm not gonna lie, when I walked in I was terrified nervous. All I saw were buckets of orange and red paint laid out in every direction I looked. They were placed, appropriately, at kid level and all I could think about was the horrible destruction that was about ensue once I let Presley go.

I was super uptight the first ten minutes. I kept trying to keep Presley's smock on, and was constantly wiping my hands and hers. Then when I could finally get her still enough to put paint on the paper (instead of me or her), she took a huge bite out of her apple stamp that was soaked in bright red paint. At that point, I had to laugh...or loose it. That's when I decided I had to just let go. There was no way we were getting out of that class without paint all over us. And you know what? It turned out to be really fun.

I will say this, I looked around at the other Mom's as class was ending and a lot remained remarkably clean. Kudos to you, Mommas. Me? Not so much. I'm pretty sure I won the award for best human canvas.

Here are some pictures of my little artist, and her masterpiece:

Paint in her "fountain top".


 
 Presley's masterpiece!

4 comments:

aleelavine said...

That sounds like so much fun and good for you for letting go. My Husband would have that same thing you had goin' on. :) Any pics of Momma after class? Hehehe!!!! Great artwork P!

B said...

I love it! And I, too, want to see pics of mama after class! That's really awesome :)

Emily said...

Oh gosh - you're a brave mama. So many times I end up talking myself into relaxing and just letting Asher have fun. Messes can always be cleaned up! Looks like a lot of fun!!

Emily said...

Oh, and I FINALLY ordered a DSLR, so I'm signing up for clickin' mamas and will {hopefully!} be taking some better photos soon! If you have any tips on great lens to get or anything, I'd love to hear them!